Windshield question

rtvickers

Established Member
I had a rock hit my windshield right in the middle lastnight and chipped it. If I have it replaced does the new one come with the DOT mattrix on it. The stuff in the middle at the top behind the mirror? Thanks.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'm gonna guess and say yes it will . If I were you though, I'd request that they use a Carlite replacement windshield so that way there's no question.

Keep it all Ford. :shrug:

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
yea do not go the cheap route and put a aftermarket windshield in it get them to get it from FORD..... looks better anyway

SpectorV

Established Member
you would be amazed at how easy chips are to fix (if they are not that bad) you can get a kit from autozone or have a pro try to repair it... try that first before replacing.

My wife had a chip and I fixed it and you can BARLEY see it... crazy how well it works and how easy it is to do.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I would get the chip fixed or atleast see if it can be repaired before you blow money on a brand new windshield!

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
Yea, I used to work at Safelite auto glass. The do windshield repairs, but they always leave a tiny mark. and all of us Cobra owners if we have a spot on our car it drives us crazy just go on the safe side and just get the factory Ford windshield. And those AutoZone ones are garbage from what I’ve seen. Just my Opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread