Windshield repair?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I've gotten a chip in my windshield and was wondering about the repairs that can be done...anybody ever have the windshield repaired vs replaced and how did it hold up?

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Safelite Autoglass in Annapolis. They will come to your house and do they repair as long as it is smaller than the size of a quarter. They did my Denali and my F-150 and very happy with both repairs.

rw93cobra

Established Member
I'm in charge of a fleet of 120 trucks/vans and we get ours repaired all the time at cindy rowe/safelite and never had a problem with them. I believe if you do have a problem they will replace it for free or refund your money from the repair.

mathew hoobler

Established Member
Windshield replacement can be done on extreme conditions. If it is a linear crack or a very small damage, you can use a pre resin and fix it easily. But if it is a bigger damage, better to go for replacement. If cost is a problem, you needn't worry for there are many after market glasses available..

TRBO VNM

call your insurance company. most of them cover the cost if it is a simple repair by safelite. Safelite has done a number of them for me and have never had a problem.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I think the repairs look like crap. Had it done to the jeep, physically I guess it is fine, but cosmetically it looks like shit in my opinion.

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
You are right, the repairs look like hell but it depends on your situation. At $300 or so for a new windshield vs the $60 for a repair on your daily driver had me do 2 repairs, one a pickup and one on an Altima. The Cobra would have been a different story...pony up the money and have the windshield replaced.

TRBO VNM

All depends on where it is and how bad. I have seen some repairs look pretty damn good but a lot of it depends on how bad the damage is. And cobra or not, if it isn't in my line of site, I have better things to drop that money on.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I just had a windshield repaired, it cost me $195. I had unrepairable cracks.

I have used the chip repair kits that you can get at auto parts stores on a couple occasions. They worked well IMO. you could still find the chip, but it was about 75% gone and did not get any worse.

Users who are viewing this thread