Windshield Replacement/Tint

vbguy01

Established Member
I had the misfortune of taking a stone in the windshield while on the interstate which subsequently started a spider across half the windshield. Curious if anyone else has ever replaced their windshield and if they used the factory replacement shield or went with one without the dot matrix. I was looking at tinting the windows and since I have the opportunity to get a windshield without the matrix and the pony if that would be a good idea. Or just replace it with a stock and do the vinyl trim. Any advice?

03vertPA

Established Member
I personaly dont like the pony. Now if it was a Cobra that would be a diffrent story. Go with the older one. Just MO

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
I'd go with the dot free one and mount the rear view mirror higher, where it doesn't block the line of sight so much.

vbguy01

Established Member
That's an option and I agree moving up the mirror would be a bit nicer. I'll have to check out some different shield designs. I like the pony and from what I hear, the vinyl trick for tiniting seems to be working well for most people.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I had my winsheild broken first week I had the car by the tint shop that attempted to tint my windows. I had the exact winsheild replaced that afternoon. Went with the same factory windsheild.

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
Originally posted by caveman6666
I'd go with the dot free one and mount the rear view mirror higher, where it doesn't block the line of sight so much.
You can turn the mirror upside down and it sits all the way up against the headliner. Just spin it around, no need to remove or anything. The only thing you lose is the flip thing for when you have someone driving behind you at night. All you have to do then is aim the mirror down a little and it works just the same.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by jjksutton
You can turn the mirror upside down and it sits all the way up against the headliner. Just spin it around, no need to remove or anything. The only thing you lose is the flip thing for when you have someone driving behind you at night. All you have to do then is aim the mirror down a little and it works just the same.

Damn, what a great idea! Why the hell did it never occur to me, and I've been bitching about it since I got my '01.
Heading out to do the Sutton RVM mod... :)

Users who are viewing this thread