Windshield tint

03cobra5485

Established Member
Has anybody tinted their windshield in their cobra? I don't want to tint it to "look cool", i want to tint it because when i'm driving at night, with my car being lowered, the headlights from oncoming traffic is absolutely blinding. They shine directly at me and it's 1) Annoying, and 2) Dangerous because for a split second it's blinding and i can not see. I currently have 5 percent all the way around, and it's a convertible. I've seen hardtops with the windshield tinted, and it looks normal, stock even. But i'm worried how it will look with the top down. Does anybody happen to have any pictures, or experience with it? I'm not talking about 5 percent in the front, i'm talking around 35-40. Something that i can still see out of at night. Thanks for any input!

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Don't have a vert, so I can't say how that's is exactly but my last coupe had 20% on the windshield with 5% brow and tint on back and the rest of the windows. I must say it was perfect during the day and really protected the 10th interior. Other than that, driving at night was difficult at times in back roads even with aftermarket lighting. On my current cobra I will do 35% across the windshield for a better end result.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
my windshield was tinted when I got my car...it looks good, but if you think you might ever drive it at night I would strongly recommend against it.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I know a few people around by me who do it. I'm not sure how it's like in other states but in New York it's HIGHLY illegal. Also, they all mentioned what the guys above said... Driving at night is dangerous. I wouldn't go lower than 35%

03cobra5485

Established Member
I have a few friends who have it done, they are actually at 20 percent and its pretty hard to see at night, so I'm thinking of going 35-40, I think if I go that high it may not even be very noticeable, but hopefully enough to help me out at night with the oncoming headlights..guess I'm getting old lol

svtrookie

Established Member
I have 50% on my TBSS with no issues. Can see perfectly fine at night and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend anything darker unless you want to get pulled over!

03cobra5485

Established Member
I have 50% on my TBSS with no issues. Can see perfectly fine at night and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend anything darker unless you want to get pulled over!

Do you have any pics of yours with the tint?

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
I have 35 percent on my windshield top to bottom and 10 all the way around on my nascar 150 I love the dark windshield of glare. And yes it dims the on coming headlights but sucks in the rain and drizzle....

spdfrkaby

Established Member
You could try the Spectra Photosync 75% for the front. I'm thinking about getting it on my windshield. It's pretty expensive though. Supposedly it reduces glare by 20%. Read a couple of reviews and it seems the only downsides are the price and when wearing polarized sunglasses, you may see a halo effect on certain lighting in front of you.

Jefe

Established Member
50% tint on mine, love it

Cobra_Jeff_01_zps8c302d9d.jpg

1320goat

Established Member
uploadfromtaptalk1401474823637.jpg 35% on every window. Light enough when you need it, and excellent privacy when all windows are up.

6speed

Established Member
I have a vert with 5% all around and 50% on the windshield. if I did it again I would probably have picked 35 for the windshield. most of the time I have the top down anyways

tuscani66

Established Member
Mines also tinted 50% (sides/rear are 20%)

Top Up (washing car):
2014-03-31092516_zps0e02f714.jpg

Top Down:
2014-03-31110243_zpsbbb702cc.jpg

While driving, sun slightly going down:
2014-03-30175246_zpsb6d8df23.jpg

As mentioned, it does help a lot with the glare!

GL.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
70% on my truck with 5% everywhere else. It's perfect, but I wish I had gone 50% which they didn't have

Users who are viewing this thread