windstop or wind gaurd in here

adamb258

Established Member
any of you vert guy shave anything like this? I really like the CDC kit that installs with their light bar but its over $600 for that setup!

I know you can get a windstop from ford but wasnt sure how good it woudl look on the car or how well these even work.

TIA,
Adam

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Ford screen says it does not work with light bar application. At least the disclaimer I read a few months ago said. If you do the bar, just do their (CDC) windgard. It's designed and fits perfectly. There are two types of plexi-glass gards. One has the dip in it to go with the 2 or 1 piece fibreglass tonnea cover. There is also another that has a straight bottom that will fit with the factory soft cover. I got my set up from Sean Haney Motorsports a couple of years ago. I believe they still offer both setups.

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/

adamb258

Established Member
yeah i was meaning doing one or the other. So you have the CDC setup??? Do you have any pics? Did it help a lot?

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Probably big pics, but here you go.

05-0635mmtest6.gif

05-0635mmtest7.gif

I can ride down to 40 degrees weather with tonnea and windgard and be fine without a hard draft. Wearing a medium jacket is it. Hope this helps. I think the soft cover and flat bottom gard would be cheaper and work better. The hard covers don't stop the air from washing down behind the seats and along the doors into the front. Aside from that, I prefer the hard cover.

adamb258

Established Member
a tonneau cover will come much later for me as i will have to have it painted as well. The ones I have seen had a ford decal on them. Did it come with the snake decal on it?

I really like the way that setup looks compared to the windstop from ford. Have any pics of what it would look like w/o the tonneau?
a
also how hard is it to remove the wind gaurd if I wanted to put someone in the back seat?

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
The soft cover I have has a huge friggin horse on it. Not my preference, but they also didn't offer a choice. If you look REAL close to the soft one on the Haneymotorsports site, you'll catch it. It's the same factory pic from Ford.

No, no pics without guard. At least not on my pic server. Do a search for light bar. Probably come up with a dozen plus threads.

The guard is held in with black foam tape on both sides. Then there are 2 threaded plugs/stops that hold the guard in place. Takes about 5 seconds to take them out, and about 15 seconds to install guard.

BONUS info. I bought one of those dining table leaf protector bags made of 100% cotton with a zipper to store it in and leave in the trunk. That way it doesn't get dinged around in the garage or dropped or run into by my 6 yr old.

adamb258

Established Member
I was asking if the snake logo on your windgaurd came that way. Do I have to get it with something on it?? I could not find this on haney's website either.

I also meant a pic w/o the tonneau cover as I will not have one for a long time.

another question. Would taking the gaurd in and out eventually cause problems?

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Oh, the cobra decal is from a local sign shop. It comes plain.

No pics without tonneau around.

I've been using my guard for 2 years now and there isn't any marks or evidence of wear and tear. On the light bar, now that's a different story. The first day I had it on, a friend came along for a ride and scuffed the bar with the seatbelt loop. I removed them both immediately. The 1 piece tonneau also has made a slight wear mark on the bar because you have to slide it up to the bar in order to tuck the flaps under the metal trim piece. Using the foam strip has saved any holes that may have been made over time.

Users who are viewing this thread