Winter and the hood mod/removal

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Who has experienced the elements of winter? Snow, rain, Or just that raw feeling of cold. Unfortunatly i dont have a garage so this baby is a soldier of all weather. I do have a nextec cover it is waterproof and when it snowed last year the snow rolls off like rainex. My question is how does your engine bay hold up? Did you have alot of moisture under there or anything out of the norm.

hmwave

Established Member
Mine is hood modded and sees rain nearly every day through the winter.

Haven't seen any ill effects yet.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know one guy who did this in Danbury and his seemed to fair fine. I think you'll be okay. We'll have our share of fair days, too.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I know one guy who did this in Danbury and his seemed to fair fine. I think you'll be okay. We'll have our share of fair days, too.
Well off it comes!!! You are right we did get alot of cold days without snow last year. But when it came it hurt bad!!

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
Mine was out last winter in the snow, 1 thing you have to look for is if it gets warm and the snow starts to melt and then if it freezes the drips of water it may be on your belt. look for that before you start your car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And be sure your cover is nice and snug so that snow can't blow in from underneath. Some covers have cords that go under the car to the other side to keep it snug. If yours doesn't, you can buy a kit to install grommets and then just buy a couple of bungee cords.

Users who are viewing this thread