Winter Mods are done...

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Finished off my winter mods this weekend. I didn't do too much, but what I did took a fair amount of time. First, I painted my calipers red. This was done using the duplicolor kit. I really liked how it came out. Took me 1 weekend per caliper, due to painting and letting it dry saturday night, then putting everything back on sunday.

Second, I put in an Odyssey PC 680 battery. It weighs 14 lbs, and overall this saves me ~23 lbs. After driving on it all weekend, I like the results. I was able to floor it in first and get excellent traction all weekend long. I know it was warm, but I usually never get that good of traction in 50 degree temps. This install was a pain, because I had to drill to put the battery tie down in. And in order to bolt it up, I had to remove the front bumper. More work than I planned, but so far it seems worth it.

I plan on keeping the car at the current power level for a while. Future mods may include a Heat Exchanger, PFab, Coilovers, lightweight rotors, and maybe some gears. My goal is to try and run 11.5 with the current power level. I don't think I will be doing a cage, so 11.5 is about as fast as I'm going to go for now. Maybe next winter I may start upping the power again.

Painted Calipers 1.JPG

Painted Calipers 2.JPG

Painted Calipers 3.JPG

Painted Calipers 4.JPG

Odyssey Battery 2.JPG

Odyssey Battery 3.JPG

Odyssey%20Installed%201.JPG
Odyssey%20Installed%202.JPG
Odyssey%20Installed%203.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread