Winter upgrades are done! TVS on corn! Dyno #'s inside

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Roush Gen I TVS on corn! Shortblock only has 25 miles or so on it, so it was only pulled to 7000 rpm. The limiter is set at 7600. Boost was only 14.2ish. 741 whp & 655 torque

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 881

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Running a VMP 8 rib belt this year...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 831
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 815

466roller

Established Member
Any consideration on getting the Gen 2 case from VMP. It seems you'd be able to take advantage of the newer designed case. Looking forward to track times.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Not sure, but I think it's just the variable in the boost reference port... I've heard VMP say there is a more consistant port under the manifold for boost. I temporarily used the one that's easier to get to at the rear passanger side on the top. I don't run a boost gauge on the car, just on the dyno.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Any consideration on getting the Gen 2 case from VMP. It seems you'd be able to take advantage of the newer designed case. Looking forward to track times.

My tuner (Lidio) has the same set up. He's switching to the newer case & 8 rib this year. He wanted to try one on his car first to see if it makes a differance, & second to fine tune the shift points in the auto trans. I was told the more power we make, the harder it is to get everything spot on in the shifts...

As it is now, the roads are too slippery yet from winter to really fine tune my set up on the street. He's going to fine tune it at the track with me. Our tracks don't open for a few weeks & now I have to wait for E70 to turn back into E85 summer grade...

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
How much timing?
I'm curious cuz I'm at the same boost level and know I'm getting close to the limit of 93 pump gas.
I can run up to almost 20* of timing right now, thinking about switching to e85 to be able to up it more

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
69mm pulley, stock heads & cams, 11.25:1 comp... Not sure on timing until I data log it. Probably 22 to 24 deg.
My rear tires/rims weigh in at 63lbs ea. not sure if lighter rims would change any #'s

Last edited:

BMR Tech

AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

Can't wait to see how it runs.

I will be joining the built shortblock club soon. I don't have the 8 rib though, so I will probably just throw a 72mm on mine.

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
Wow!! Beast Dyno numbers Scott! Glad to see the build went well and it is running strong. Can't wait to see some track times. Thinking 9.5 @ 140!

What safety things and weight reduction have you done/plan on doing? How about suspension now as well that your putting down so much power?
Assuming now that you'll be trapping past 135 your track is going to want full cage, seat belts, etc?

TVSF150FX4

Established Member
AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

Can't wait to see how it runs.

I will be joining the built shortblock club soon. I don't have the 8 rib though, so I will probably just throw a 72mm on mine.

I use the mosaleen idler it's like 275 and never had any slip with the 69mm...... It wraps most of the pulley

TVSF150FX4

Established Member
69mm pulley, stock heads & cams, 11.24:1 comp... Not sure on timing until I data log it. Probably 22 to 24 deg.
My rear tires/rims weigh in at 63lbs ea. not sure if lighter rims would change any #'s

Which lower r u running with the 8 rib? 5% or 15%

Users who are viewing this thread