Wipeout on Playstation fans - now in VR

mustangbee

Established Member
Holy Shit I just played this and it absolutely blew my mind. I get a little motion sickness sometimes but not at all here.
For those of you who haven't tried VR. Watching a video of it does zero justice. I can't really explain how it feels well, but I'll try. It's like everything is life-sized and you actually feel like you're inside the game itself. SOOOO much more immersive than I ever imagined.

Wipeout Collection got the VR patch today for free and it literally makes it a different game for me. Its the entire game, no cutbacks.

Some random guy playing, but everyone seems to love it.

On a side not GT Sport VR got time trials today, its a start!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Man that would make me sick.

The first time I played a video game on VR I was racing at the ring, once I was mid-carousel I turned my head and looked up to look at the exit and I very nearly barfed on my buddy's computer.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I just got PS VR a couple weeks ago. Way way better than I ever imagined, but there were a couple games that made me sick and I pretty much never get motion sickness. I actually got sick playing Skyrim lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I just got PS VR a couple weeks ago. Way way better than I ever imagined, but there were a couple games that made me sick and I pretty much never get motion sickness. I actually got sick playing Skyrim lol.

Have you tried GT Sport with VR yet? I have been eyeing PS VR, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I have it. So Gran Turismo as a whole is not all VR capable. The VR portion of the game is a small section where you can drive any of your cars against a Lamborghini that just cruises around the track. There is no actual races but it is amazing nonetheless! It'a a blast to just lap your cars with the perception of being the driver. The other part is a virtual showroom where you can walk around the cars and look inside, but you cant get inside them. It's pretty basic at this point.

I think it is such a small part of the game because you can tell they have to scale down the visuals for it to handle it. It is very real regardless though. You will feel high speed corners and hills in your gut. I cant explain it but it is totally worth it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thank you for the info! I have GT sport and saw it was a very small part of the game...Hopefully there are more VR racing sims to come!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Thank you for the info! I have GT sport and saw it was a very small part of the game...Hopefully there are more VR racing sims to come!
It's going to be badass if they can update the game to include more or expand it into another release. The feeling and experience is totally worth it. I wish I would have bought one sooner. The shooting simulators are pretty fun too. I found myself using actual shooting stances and acquiring my sights to do better lol.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Superhot is another fun vr game. Nothing to do with cars but still fun. I shouldnt have returned my Oculus, I kinda miss it. I hear the HTC Vive is better though.

mustangbee

Established Member
Resident Evil 7 also, that is easily the most insane gaming experience I've ever had. It's like you're inside the ****ing mansion. I couldn't believe how real it felt.

Users who are viewing this thread