Wiring FORD OEM California Special Fog lights..

Badlilstang

Established Member
Well I have them installed and need to wire them up but not sure if they just splice into the factory harness the old fogs were hooked to or what I splice into. The instructions are horrible.. Also one cable is labled AB and BB .. not sure which goes on which side...

Vert

Established Member
Do you have upper led fogs? Yes you'll splice into the wires into the old harness.
Driver's side should have the brown yellow from the car to the green yellow on the CS harness. Black yellow from car and harness gets spliced together
Passenger side will have brown yellow from the car to green yellow on CS harness. Black yellow from car and harness gets spliced together.
The two black wires from the car do not get used.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
I just installed, you have to cut the factory harness, cut the plug off. There's 4 wires on the OEM harness. 2 extra black wires that are not used. Then from the CS fogs to your car, solder and shrink tube the brown wires together and the ground, then plug them in. Pretty simple

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure. It says it in the directions anyways. That those wires are not used. Actually if I remember , when I cut the factory plug off I pulled out the 2 black wires from the harness, they went in like 3 inches. So I'm not sure

Vert

Established Member
I left my harness in place and splice above it just in case I ever go back to the upper fogs.

califsp

Established Member
Did this on my '13 GT. The harness was already hanging right above the place where the CS fogs go on each side. I didn't even remove the bumper. Just removed the plastic filler piece, installed the fogs and plugged them in.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I GOT IT! IT was the tan and black/green wire.. the two solid black were not used.. I was trying to use a multi meter to check and forgot the ignition had to be forward in order for the fogs to come on... stupid mistake. They look great but man they are yellow compared the head lights. I have heard you can swap the bulbs but they arent very bright.. I have seen Starkey makes an HID kit.. not sure if that fits the Ford OEM style Cali special fogs.

wallpaper1_zps7qhigx5b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread