With a SC, will rear end hold up?

wolves

Established Member
If I decided to go with a Paxton or Vortech on a 2001 Cobra, how will the rear end hold up? Do I have to go to a live axle, or will new drive shafts be able to hold up to that much power?

What have you done to your rear for it not to break?

Thanks in advance.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by wolves
If I decided to go with a Paxton or Vortech on a 2001 Cobra, how will the rear end hold up? Do I have to go to a live axle, or will new drive shafts be able to hold up to that much power?

Thanks in advance.

you can add all the power you want, and you probably won't break the half shafts, but when you start adding traction is when you run into problems.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by wolves

Thanks in advance.

My rear end is fine and I have 10,000 miles on my car with the Vortech including a couple of trips to the strip. My car does NOT hook though and I'm getting drag radials and rims for the rear end. I've also ordered the GKN stage III half shafts because as soon as I do hook really hard I know the half shafts will go!

Users who are viewing this thread