With aftermarket seats can i still....

03cobracoupe

Established Member
i thought about getting COURBEAU seats for my car but i was wanderin if i could still hook up all the electric stuff to the drivers seat? Thanks and has anybody ever sat in these kind of seats, im kinda worried they wont be comfortable cause they are so light...thanks

Rwick7

Established Member
I don't think there is anyway you'll be able to keep all the power adjustments. I'm sure they won't be as comfortable either...but lighter they definatly will be. :)

Where are you located in Missouri?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Yes, you can. The are two options from Corbeau. One is a full manual slider replacement. It's more expensive, only goes forward and back and gives you nearly 5" more legroom:thumbsup:. It's a nice piece. Powercoated as well. The other option is the adapters. They are two flat pieces of powdercoated steel. There are four holes to bolt them to the new seat and 4 holes to bolt them to the stock seat tracks. So yes you can keep the 6 way power slider. The seat will sit up about 1/4-1/2" higher though, due to the adpaters. Your power lumbar and stuff should be in the seat, so that'll be gone. If you are looking for max weight savings, get the manual slider. If you want the 6 way base, get the adapters. You could just make the adaptors. I can get a pic of them attached to the seat so you can see how they are setup.

I got them in a group purchase and I got one slide for around $80 and the adapters were around $20 I think..

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Here's a pic of each.. They are kinda blurry..

Adpaters. They are the pieces running left to right. I marked where they bolt to the OE slider.
16-430-36954.jpg

Manual Slider attached to the seat.
16-430-36953.jpg

Silver 03 Cobra

I have Corbeau CR1's. They are very confortable to me. I like a firm tight fitting seat though. If you are planning on weight savings, as stated above, stick with the manual sliders. The guys are right about leg room. I'm a little over 6 foot and in the far back position I can't engage the clutch. I really like my seats. With Simpson 5-point harnesses it gived the car a real nice sporty look.

03cobracoupe

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
I have Corbeau CR1's. They are very confortable to me. I like a firm tight fitting seat though. If you are planning on weight savings, as stated above, stick with the manual sliders. The guys are right about leg room. I'm a little over 6 foot and in the far back position I can't engage the clutch. I really like my seats. With Simpson 5-point harnesses it gived the car a real nice sporty look.

where did u buy them and do u have any pics, and do u have an 03 cobra? sorry for all the questions

Users who are viewing this thread