Within a hairsbreath

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: Woooohoooo .. just got off the phone with my credit union and I am one approval away from financing a sweet mineral grey 2001 Cobra convertible with 12500 miles on it. Price.... 23500 ..... already checked the autocheck website and there are no problems listed with this particular vehicle. ie.. no accidents, clean title, no lemon trade in yada yada yada. I asked them why it was 7K under blue book and they gave me the same answer a guy here in Austin gave me ... nobody wants to pay the used car price for them when you can get a new coupe for just a few thousand more.... man I am excited... if the financing falls through I am gonna just cry ...LOL !

There is one for sale here in Austin.. the exact same car with only 2000 miles on it but they want 27000 for it and then I would have to pony up the taxes and tags and shyt. too much money ...

But on to my question..l. I know about the issues with the 99 Cobra and being a long time Cobra owner I have kept pretty close track but I have not heard of any real issues with the 2001. Of course with the amount of time they took to fix the 99 and build the 2001 there shouldn't be any real issues with them... What's ya'lls experience? Are there any issues with the 2001 that I am unaware of?
:thumbsup: :beer:

griffined

SVT driver
Some of the 01's have issues with pinging. There's a SSM out that suggests a PCM reflash, which some folks have had done with differring results.

Many 01 owners reports a notchy 1-2 shift when the car is cold. It goes away once the tranny gets warm.

Some 01 owners have noticed spots inside of their headlights. Swap them out under warranty.

My 01 had a taillight that collected moisture, before it was fixed under warranty.

Sounds like a nice car, but make sure to drive it with the stereo off and listen for pinging. If it's got it (and most do not) I'd keep looking for a different car.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
No problems with mine.

If it were pinging, I would definitly know it, wouldn't I? I'm not sure how it sounds when one is "pinging". My car sounds fine, love hearing it climb through the RPM's.

Sounds like a great deal, check it out real good.

AzDropTop

Established Member
My favorite color and a wonderful price! I just bought my 99 with 30K miles a few months ago for 22,500... Have fun...

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Great price and nice color too!:beer: My 01 has been very good to me. I had the headlights replaced under warranty due to them fogging up but the new ones have been fine. Good luck man!

Razor.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well I got phuced ... with a damn big Dildo ... I told the guys at Lamarque Ford, in Kenner, LA that I wanted the car, told him yesterday that I expected to hear about the loan today ... offered to give him a credit card number to hold it for 24 hours .. he wouldn't take it and I just found out the loan was approved and he just told me the car was sold TODAY. Cheap shot .. no all I can do is wonder if he has been stringing me along this whole damn time. Pardon me now while I go cry .. I soooo wanted this car ... Maybe I can cut a deal with the one here in Austin ... *sigh*.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yah I am hopeful .. .I appreciate the PM .. but .. I am wanting a Convertible ... got my heart set on it ... gonna try to get the one up here in austin for the same price ... If I can't find the convertible we may be talking again :) ......

What galls me is that this smacks of a set up. I believe the dealer had a buyer on the hook, he was talking to me like I was the only one interested.... I think he was keeping me interested so that if his first deal fell through he could always sell it to me ... *sigh* .. good thing he don't live here ... I could wind up in jail LOL

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
If it were pinging, I would definitly know it, wouldn't I? I'm not sure how it sounds when one is "pinging".

You cannot always tell if its pinging just by listening to it, when we put my car on the mustang dynometer it picked up pinging when the cam came on. I had no idea, you could have knocked me over with a feather! "Pinging on cam is very hard for the human ear to pick up" especially when the Rpm's are climbing.
Dont forget the 01 TO bearings~

I love my cobra! even after all my problems, hopefully all goes well with my new motor which is finally being installed tomorrow!!

Mike:)

Users who are viewing this thread