WMS upper tube with Steeda strut tower

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
Has anyone installed the complete WMS system or upper tube on a 96-98 Cobra with a Steeda strut tower?

I installed the system on the '01 with no problem, it also has a Steeda strut tower(2pt.) I was upgrading the system on the '98 and can't get the upper tube to fit. I trimmed the coupler, but that didn't help.

Anyone using the C&L upper tube with stock MAF and WMS CAI?

Dennis

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm not sure about the WMS upper tube with the Steeda strut tower brace, but with the stock strut tower brace on a 96 I know it will fit.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm trying to remember, it was on my friend's old car. It looked like it was a bit of a close fit, but nothing I would be concerned about really. I think he told me he had to to remove the brace, install the piece, and then re-install the brace to get it to fit though. It's been so long I honestly can't remember for sure, sorry.

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
Thanks, I might try that before I send it back. The brace isn't as easy to remove as the stock brace. The bolts on the brace are nutted on the back side. It should have been tapped, but live and learn. Car lowered - fun, fun:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread