Wobble/breaking loose feeling at wot

lilmarauder

Established Member
This may sound stupid, but in 2nd and 3rd gear at wot the car will feel like it's almost loosing traction, but there is no way.

2.9 whipple e85 all the goodies 723/659 for power
built solid rear with 325/50/15 hoosier drag radials. I have 20psi in them.

Is this just how the 28" tires act on the street? I understand they have tons of sidewall and have a looser feeling than let's say a 17" wheel with way less sidewall.

da14b83e908462c95485c5d71d6bf730.jpg

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Not sure about the tires but check your half shaft nuts. Mine felt a little floaty and the driver side nut was loose.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Our cars make similar power and mine wont hook up in second and on certain streets in third to. Its certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.....

lilmarauder

Established Member
Not sure about the tires but check your half shaft nuts. Mine felt a little floaty and the driver side nut was loose.
It's a solid rear feller lol. It hooks and pulls like a freight train, but I can feel the "loosness"

When I put the 325 hoosiers on, I though that was about as good as it got for "street drag radial traction"

cj428mach

Established Member
I run 315/35/17 drag radials full time and I have major issues in second, and the right conditions 3rd can be loose. I haven't tried 1st in forever, its like I really only have a 5 speed, lol.

I should be over 700 at almost 23 psi.

Freakingstang

Established Member
sounds like its loosing traction... why is that so hard to believe?... 700+ who on non-prepped non-track road surface, 20psi air pressure...

lilmarauder

Established Member
It was hard to believe in my head because of the huge tire I'm running. Guess it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
700 plus HP and traction on the street don't go together

Doesn't matter what tire you have on the rear

Users who are viewing this thread