Wonder if anyone has ever tried Hoosier A6 or R6?

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I need new tires. I currently have BFG Drag Radials. I am wondering how the Hoosier A6 or R6 Compare to BFG Dr's. I street drive my 500WHP plus car (Been lazy to install my Whipple). I like the BFG's but they wore out so quickly, less than 1000 miles and no track time. If the hoosier would last a little longer say 2k miles and give me good grip and no wheel hop like the BFg DR's did. I would be all over them. Opinions?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I DO NOT WANT NITTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
so you think a track tire for the road course is going to last you as long? the a6 is an autocross tire. it will wear like an art gum eraser.

not that hoosiers last long enough to wear out anyway. they'll run out of heat cycles and feel really greasy when you're driving first.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
please understand that my answer to a hoosier question is anecdotal because i dont have the cash to spend on tires that have that short of a lifespan :/ i have however drank a lot of beer with the cobra r guys and they've been through plenty of tires and know whats what.

hoosier has a drag radial, though. probably same tire compound but different sidewall construction.

otto

Established Member
the hoosier d.o.t. race tires are fairly close to a full race tire and they will wear out very quickly. plus unless your running on the track you wont get them warm enough to work properly. i also would not use these for drag racing as they are not built for it,why not try a hoosier dot drag tire? if you must use dot road race tires on the street try the toyo proxes ra1 yes they wont stick as well as the hoosiers but I know guys who drive these on the street. dont get me wrong they will still wear out quickly but not half as fast as the hoosiers. in so-cal american iron guys get 4 race weekends out of toyos thats 8 races 8 times qualifying plus practice sessions its actualy quite amazing some guys get even more.in aix where hoosiers are legal your lucky to get two race weekends from hoosiers. oh i also know a guy who drags toyo ra1s and he does pretty well (of courseif he used a real drag tire he might go realy well).

otto

Established Member
are you sure? the tread pattern is totaly different do they share carcases,rubber compounds? if so that could be interesting because one of our drivers for some reason likes toyos and they are often on back order and hard to get in our sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread