Wondering how I escaped this ticket. Opinions Welcome

ZeroFear

Banned
So I was street racing a Lancer Evo 9 in my 02Z28 early sunday morning (1am) around 2 or 3 times. I get to an area where I see a car in front and slow down to 30 and coast in neutral. The guy in the evo decides he wants to go again and floors it up the street, and around 8 seconds later he is out of sight.

Then all of a sudden I hear a loud bang, and look in my rearview. A police car on the other side of the road ( Its a large turnpike style road ) has JUMPED THE CURB and then flys out behind me, but he is going so fast that he fishtails across another lane and has a hard time getting straight. He then flys up the road and a few normal cars pull to the side. He pulls off into the breakdown lane 1/4 mile ahead of me. As I drive by ( going a few mph under the speed limit of 50mph ) he starts to drive next to me in the breakdown lane giving me a look, then cuts me off and drives up the road at full throttle.

I figure wow I guess I'm lucky. Then later down the road the evo is there, and he wants to race again. I try to warn him but he just goes, then I change lanes and drive behind him. As we are going down the road I see the the same police car now hiding in a driveway of a big office building. He pulls out after me and the evo drive by and goes behind me. I pull over and start to roll real slow, but then he goes around me and pulls the evo over about 200 feet ahead of me. I decide I don't want to stick around so I do a U turn in the parking lot and go down a back road that was adjacent to the main road we where on. I don't know what happened to the evo guy.

Wondering if I was supposed to stay, or if he just gave me pity and decided to bust a ricer? My friend told me he didn't pull me over since I was in a camaro, and around here the police are trained to target/profile imports as the drivers are more likely to have a criminal record or other violations ( like drugs ).

Last edited:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
i doubt its because of the car you were driving.

its possibly because you werent getting on it, as you mentioned the evo took off from you and you didnt chase so maybe he was just getting him for speeding.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
So I was street racing a Lancer Evo 9 in my 02Z28 early sunday morning (1am) around 2 or 3 times. I get to an area where I see a car in front and slow down to 30 and coast in neutral. The guy in the evo decides he wants to go again and floors it up the street, and around 8 seconds later he is out of sight.

Then all of a sudden I hear a loud bang, and look in my rearview. A police car on the other side of the road ( Its a large turnpike style road ) has JUMPED THE CURB and then flys out behind me, but he is going so fast that he fishtails across another lane and has a hard time getting straight. He then flys up the road and a few normal cars pull to the side. He pulls off into the breakdown lane 1/4 mile ahead of me. As I drive by ( going a few mph under the speed limit of 50mph ) he starts to drive next to me in the breakdown lane giving me a look, then cuts me off and drives up the road at full throttle.

I figure wow I guess I'm lucky. Then later down the road the evo is there, and he wants to race again. I try to warn him but he just goes, then I change lanes and drive behind him. As we are going down the road I see the the same police car now hiding in a driveway of a big office building. He pulls out after me and the evo drive by and goes behind me. I pull over and start to roll real slow, but then he goes around me and pulls the evo over about 200 feet ahead of me. I decide I don't want to stick around so I do a U turn in the parking lot and go down a back road that was adjacent to the main road we where on. I don't know what happened to the evo guy.

Wondering if I was supposed to stay, or if he just gave me pity and decided to bust a ricer? My friend told me he didn't pull me over since I was in a camaro, and around here the police are trained to target/profile imports as the drivers are more likely to have a criminal record or other violations ( like drugs ).

That sounds silly at best. I think you were not pulled over because at the time you were not breaking any laws!

mkb116

Established Member
If I see two cars racing or going excessively fast I will try to get them both. If the one car sees me slowing behind the other one and tries to keep going. I let the guy who is yielding and get the guy who thinks he's going to get away. If they both yield, better for me!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

You are extremely lucky and your friend does not have any idea what he is talking about.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
He ran a check on your license plate and you obviously did'nt have any out standing warrants etc. You got lucky Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

txyaloo

Established Member

Around here the Camaro drivers all have mullets and cook meth in their bathtubs. I highly doubt that was the reason.

FiXXXer024

E13 SVT
Established Member
Must have been a bow-tie guy... I know I'm partial to ripping rice rockets a new one when I see them buzzing around in their little shitboxes. If I saw you two racing, I'd probably have picked the Evo too. You most likely escaped by luck of the draw...

snooter

Established Member
dude...go to the traack or strip to race..if you kill yourself who cares...if you kill somebody else being stupid i would make sure my states attorney sticks you with a every legal ramification we can come up with...camaros dont get pulled over...hmmm..thats a good one

GT_Jim

Established Member
I say you got lucky, I think he heard you guys racing while he was parked went to investigate but you guys had moved on so he followed. Then when he saw the other guy he took after him. Also, we had a leo do something VERY similar here except he flipped his patrol car...turns out he was drunk...

ZeroFear

Banned
I say you got lucky, I think he heard you guys racing while he was parked went to investigate but you guys had moved on so he followed. Then when he saw the other guy he took after him. Also, we had a leo do something VERY similar here except he flipped his patrol car...turns out he was drunk...

LOL. I was kinda hoping he would go over the other curb and mess his wheels up.

iamsteven87

Established Member
Maybe you just had a cool cop that favored domestics over imports, or you just didnt do anything and didnt get pulled over for that reason. If ur going almost the speed limit, a little under it at that, and the evo rice ceral box fourbanger is going 100, im pretty sure hes gonna get pulled over reguardless.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
LOL. I was kinda hoping he would go over the other curb and mess his wheels up.

WOW! what a great comment! What you obviously don't realize is that you, me, and everybody else pay for those wheels everyday. I'm kind of glad that the guy didn't mess his wheels up. and based on that comment its sad that you didn't get ticketed for your illegal street racing.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
I say you got lucky, I think he heard you guys racing while he was parked went to investigate but you guys had moved on so he followed. Then when he saw the other guy he took after him.QUOTE]

i agree with this. I was out one night in a 3-way, only did one run, and as soon as we got done and back at the parking lot the 5 or 6 of us were congregating in we saw 4 patrol cars star cruising the area. so obviously they knew something was up, who was more than likely involved, but had no proof of the actions so they were sticking around to get you for anything they could.

yellowbra

Established Member
sounds to me like he ran your plates and you'll be recieving a ticket in the mail. I got pulled for street racing and the cop went behind me with his lights on. I'm assuming to get my plate on his video. If I didn't stay when he went and got the other guy i'm sure he would've just mailed me a ticket.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread