Won't go into gear

04mysticsvt

Established Member
Ok so I have replaced my factory clutch with a Spec 3+ and a new Spec steel flywheel. I also replaced the clutch cable, quad, and added a firewall adjuster. After I did all of this when I turn the car on and it will not go into gear. I have adjusted the fire wall adjuster quite a bit and also have added a spacer to the cable that came with the kit. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

:shrug:

delly

Established Member
did you put the cable in the right spot on the clutch fork side, another words did you slide the cable thru to the second round washer piece on the cable?

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Does it go into fear while car is off? If so, you put te clutch disc backwards. That's if you adjustments never help, but sounds like the disc is backwards. What way did the hub on the disc face? It should face aft. Does it grind when trying real hard to put in gear? If so stop immediately, your grinding your flywheel bolts. Let us know your findings

04mysticsvt

Established Member
Pulled the whole thing back apart today and found out that a small piece of something got stuck in between the disc and the flywheel causing it to bind up. I can't beleive that we let something get in between it but at least its fixed and ready to go!

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Pulled the whole thing back apart today and found out that a small piece of something got stuck in between the disc and the flywheel causing it to bind up. I can't beleive that we let something get in between it but at least its fixed and ready to go!

Glad to see it gtg man. Now hae fun with the break in :)

Users who are viewing this thread