Wont use PSR in Phoenix again!

sam90lx

Established Member
Had Iso's removed from the rear of my Cobra today and the bill came out to $237.00. Took 45 minutes to do the job and they charged 2.5 hours. Said it was flat rate.....Well I was told about $100.00 to $150.00 from Stage3 Motorsports but they were booked till next week. I will be waiting for Stage3 from here on out.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
**EDIT** That's where I am taking my car too as well, PSR will no longer get my business

Last edited:

sam90lx

Established Member
Yeah, thats rare to find someone who cares about someone elses stuff.
There's a guy named Mike at Brake Masters on Carefree Hwy. just like that, fixed some FU's on my Fox body that another shop did and did'nt even charge me.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Yeah, thats rare to find someone who cares about someone elses stuff.
There's a guy named Mike at Brake Masters on Carefree Hwy. just like that, fixed some FU's on my Fox body that another shop did and did'nt even charge me.

People don't realise the impact stuff like that can have on their shop, the internet is a strong resource and the forums can have a huge impact on their customers.

Word of mouth is huge, people tell their friends all about their experiences with them and the fact that we are enthusiats make us much more likely to let others know, and it shows.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
The clutch is nice, some chatter in first but hopefully that go away in a few hundred miles. Just breaking it in now though but it shouldhold the power just fine.

xecutioner

Established Member
glad to hear it man. i know the clutch i have now wont last long so i'll have to hit them up once it goes out. i have the ram HD and i guess its known grab hard but not last long so we shall see.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Hopefully it last for you, the Zoom twin disk clutches are very reasonably priced. McLeod also had a twin disc that can be used with the stock flywheel that's like 699 I believe. Otherwise I would have gone with the Spec 3+ I just wanted to try the Zoom since i've heard good things about them. I'll let you know how it holds up.

Josh

xecutioner

Established Member
cool, thanks for the info, i'll tell you one thing. this Ram clutch does it's job. i dont know how long the life will be but there is no question that the clutch works well. grabs very hard

sandbaggersteve

Established Member
Had Iso's removed from the rear of my Cobra today and the bill came out to $237.00. Took 45 minutes to do the job and they charged 2.5 hours. Said it was flat rate.....Well I was told about $100.00 to $150.00 from Stage3 Motorsports but they were booked till next week. I will be waiting for Stage3 from here on out.

One question, who had more cars at the shop and Who took care of you? But yet you are still complaining as you had a decision to wait a week or pay for the convenience of getting it done now. I know everytime I am at PSR there is atleast 30 cars getting work done with a slew of cars outside, so to me that tells me that they must be doing something correctly but instead of saying thanks for getting me right in as I know you guys are very busy you bash on them for the price. If I were Ethan or Bill I wouldnt want your business anyways as this thread goes to shows your character.

But lets get something straight......

So before you handed them the keys they didnt tell you a price, or did you not ask? When you have an 8k square foot shop, in house dyno, lifts, electrical and several employees on payroll you go by book time(flat rate) which EVERY shop goes by if they want to pay bills and stay in business. Please look up in all data on what the labor time and times that by his shop rate which is clearly displayed when you walk into the door.
I am friend's with Dan(owner of PSR) and Bill(owner of stage3), Dan has ran shops for years and Bill has sold parts for years. The difference is Stage3 just opened and will do anything for business which I understand as they must get the name out on the streets, but it sounds like you just like to complain.

Maybe next time talk to Dan if you are unhappy or maybe you shouldnt authorize work you are not happy paying for.

Slythrin

Ok lets take the first guy (Sam) and deal with his problems. You called PSR first thing in the morning you dealt with my self you asked how much to remove the isolators and how soon you could get in, I mentioned 4 hours of labor and I could get you in that morning because I had a gap in the schedule.. You were very thank full just then the office manager walked in and told me I quoted you too much time and the job would only call for 2.5 hours so I corrected my self to you on the phone and you still said ok not only that you were thankful that we are honest about the time. You also mentioned that another shop would do it for less however you would have to wait a week! You didn’t want to do that so that is why you called me! (so in fact PSR was your 2nd choice to start with) So you knew the price and how much time it took before you got there but yet you still showed up. When you arrived the guys jumped right on your car to get it done and to get you out of there with in a timely manor. 2 guys got it done in about 1.2 hours and last time I checked I would have to pay those two guys so lets do the basics 1.2 hours times 2 people wow imagine that 2.4 hours that is right on line with the 2.5 hours that the Chilton motors manual said to charge! Imagine that. Now lets go in to a little detail on this visit you were told countless time to stay out of the back! You still persisted in trying to make you way to the service area. ( you were also told numerous times that our insurance does not cover use with you back there) So the office manager had to shut the doors leading to the back of the shop. So now in your infinite wisdom you decided to enter the service department of the shop from the back side. (trying to be sly) and once again Bill had to go and chase you out of the back of the shop and now he also close the mechanics entrance to the shop so you couldn’t return again. After you paid your bill you then went home and called me Then persisted whined about the price and I went in to detail about labor rates and the workings to the flat rate system. So I explained to you how flat rate works and you still don’t get it Imagine that!!!! So just think what will happen after you slam every shop you go to then who will work on your car??? You were talking trash about AMP while you were at PSR so what happens when stage 3 does their job and you don’t like it you will then bitch about them too. Good luck on your mental instabilities. How ever here are the facts PSR told you a head of time it would take 2.5 hours to complete the work according to the Chilton labor rates and that we charge 95.00 per hr so you knew a head of time and yet you still came in because we could get it done right a way! The fact that we had 2 guys working on the car made absolutely no difference to you. You were charge fairly and the work was complete with in a timely manor and yet you still persist to cry about it. Hell with it next time it will all be free parts and all ….. Not, get a life. Anyone with half a brain that has ever worked in the automotive business would tell you that is the correct way it is done. So making a huge stink on line in order to make you self look better only make you out to be the problem. But I would like to personally thank you for the Press. Oh and Sandbagger Steve has been one of my customers since day one and yet he even knows how it works and seeing as how he has been to every shop in the valley and he still continues to come to use should tell you some thing. You know stage 3 is a new shop and they do limited installs I’m sure you will burn that bridge soon too. So Sam I hope you have a super nice day and someone pays you the same respect that you have paid PSR some day soon!! … I guess that teaches us to get things done with in a timely manor.

Maybe next time talk to Dan if you are unhappy or maybe you shouldnt authorize work you are not happy paying for.

No doubt
but i would like to thank you for the press

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread