And the after
New_Front.jpg

New_FrontDriver.jpg

New_Frontpass.jpg

New_Close.jpg

And the new framerails
Framerail_Pass.jpg

Framerail_Driv.jpg

All metal from the cowl forward was replaced. I am very happy with the work the body shop did. The paint is flawless and matches perfect and the body panels are aligned like from the factory, the car drives perfect with no squeaks or strange noises. I couldn't be happier.

For anyone around the Lexington, KY area reading this, Spencer and Fortune Collision are highly recommended. It's not very often I come across a company as pleasant to deal with as they were :beer:

CY98Cobra

Established Member

68Stang

I got your Zoom Zoom
Established Member
PSI87 said:
Wow, they did a really good job. I'm suprised it doesn't handle different than before.
Most bodyshops work within tighter tolerances than the factory does. It should be no surprise that the car looks and performance just as it did before, if not better.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
I would have never tried fixing that but insurance companies will do whatever costs them less

CY98Cobra

Established Member
white98snake said:
say did u ever sell ur cobra?

Not yet. I've had a few people come look but nothings become of it yet. Hopefully soon.

badass98svt said:
whats first on the mods list?

Installing myself behind the wheel and enjoying it :thumbsup:

68Stang said:
Most bodyshops work within tighter tolerances than the factory does. It should be no surprise that the car looks and performance just as it did before, if not better.

That's what the shop told me. They said it had to be put back together within Ford specs, which by the sounds of it is a very small margin.

68Stang

I got your Zoom Zoom
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
That's what the shop told me. They said it had to be put back together within Ford specs, which by the sounds of it is a very small margin.

I have a good friend who went to school to do this very thing. The cars that they took and turned into showroom appearing and performing pieces is amazing. These cars were crushed like tin cans. I can't remember the tolerances, but I remember him saying how theirs were tighter than factory. For instance, the factory specs on one of their projects was within 3mm, their teacher wanted them to have it within 1 1/2 mm.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Gongrats on getting your MACH back. I hope you have many happy & trouble-free miles with her now. Looks like the shop did a hell of a job :rockon:. Drive safe.

Users who are viewing this thread