Woonsocket police target loud mufflers

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
Thanks for the info.. That's right next door to me and I can get tix for both noise ordinances easily.. f'n greedy city .. Just hope they don't bust balls on main st's cruise night.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
Same sh*t in Bristol and Newport too. Cops have their decible meters in hand... Sucks

Such a joke. Go to the police station when shifts are up, See how many police have loud exhaust's, Tint, All the other illegal stuff we get the shaft for.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
that shit pisses me off. why not pass a law for the douchebag harley owners about helmets and there loud ass annoying exhaust. There shitty bikes are louder than my car at 7grand.

Parrella35

Established Member
lol it applies to motorcycles too...I have a Harley myself and they are even worse about bikes. If they stop you, they put their club up your pipes...if it goes in more then 2-3" (meaning you have no baffles), you get a $300 fine for altered exhaust. Boston Police just passed a law against loud bikes in the North End too. But I totally agree CobraDrivr...cops are the worst hippocrites!

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
lol it applies to motorcycles too...I have a Harley myself and they are even worse about bikes. If they stop you, they put their club up your pipes...if it goes in more then 2-3" (meaning you have no baffles), you get a $300 fine for altered exhaust. Boston Police just passed a law against loud bikes in the North End too. But I totally agree CobraDrivr...cops are the worst hippocrites!

ball breakin pricks.

wildride02gt

Established Member
yeah, I know about Newport, lived in Middletown for the past 3 yrs., those fat cops would sit on the side of the road downtown and pull EVERYBODY on a bike over, check for paperwork, then fine the owners and impound the bikes. There's like a convoy of wreckers coming in and out of downtown on the weekends.
They tried getting me for my car, but its registered in TX, argued with the cop about it, got a HUGE ticket(total over 1K;tint, noise, no cats, no emissions test, no sticker, no front plate, interfering with a police investigation, failure to change license to RI, failure to change registration to RI, and on and on), then had to waste a day in court so my lawyer could tell the judge they had no right to fine me. Why? 'cause I OWN a house in TX, it is my registered permanent address, and I am a military dependent. I don't have to change all my stuff every time I move, and my car only has to abide by TX laws, not everyone else's.
Anyway, NE sux, they'll find a way to screw, fine, and bill you for everything.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member

I wouldnt call ALL police hippocrites, Maybee 90%, I have a few L.E.O friends, And their cars are sick, But they will say straight out they dont bother people with tint, Nice Car with a little exhaust, They more focused on the REAL criminals, Not Joe schmo with his nice tinted good sounding mustang. LOL

Parrella35

Established Member
Oh absolutely Cobradrivr, I'm actually a criminal justice major and know a shitload of cops and the majority are all good ppl...town, city and staties that I know very well (all MA tho). An exhaust, tint or inspection sticker won't get you pulled over, the majority of the time you have to do something pretty stupid or dumb. I don't know about you guys...but I have muffler deletes on my S197 and I keep a lowwww profile as much as possible.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I really don't see what the big deal is about a loud car, but those harley drivers are straight up obnoxious! (Not trying to offend anyone here, I just think they're annoying).

I plan on getting an exhaust for my car, but I don't drive like an idiot either lol. It's easy to keep quiet when you drive easy.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
I really don't see what the big deal is about a loud car, but those harley drivers are straight up obnoxious! (Not trying to offend anyone here, I just think they're annoying).

I plan on getting an exhaust for my car, but I don't drive like an idiot either lol. It's easy to keep quiet when you drive easy.

LOL, Reminds me of the Harley riders South park episode! hahaha Google it.

matt87

Established Member
thats why i like my mags, nice and quiet unless i'm on it. i've heard some mac, slp and magna packs and they are loud but no way as loud as most bikes. on a side note my stupid town wants all dog registered with them at 40 buck per dog per year. good luck getting struggling folks to pay that. i wont.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I agree that there are plenty of good cops out there. I've been pulled over several times for tint and each cop has told me that I'll never get a ticket for it unless I'm rude to them, but since it's technically illegal, I could be pulled over anytime for it.

Users who are viewing this thread