Work Drudge race..Need help to embaress this stupid shit..

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Read somewhere on here maybe JPC post cant recall exactly..

They referenced the difference between a car with low power, but a solid set-up that could run into the 10's, and how a poorly set-up turbo/blower car with massive power could just run in the 10's.

This is more what Im after for now, a well thought base of parts, that helps the car make more power and use that power more efficiently to get down the road faster

kdaly

Established Member
I would be really embarrassed if I just dropped $14000+ TAXES for a kit and then a slightly worked over GT hangs close to me. First post stated very clearly I don't have to win.....yet.
Now if the GT has a twin turbo system and I lose, meh basically means nothing.

I would bang my head against the wall if I spent the same (in performance mods) as the guy next to me and he has boost and I didnt. Good luck

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Well damn I guess I should just get exactly the same thing as everyone else.

Im going to be happy with whatever way I go, I just thought someone, Kush, might have a different avenue to make good power and be unexpectedly fast.

I stated in the original post that I eventually would do an ON3 kit however with the exchange rate being what it is that kit with BAP tune and injectors will run me $7000 ish which is far from a steal for a questionable kit with mediocre reviews

Now If I can do exhaust NOS and a Tune and be under $2500 that's a deal.. but what the **** do I know I mean heh im just a child anyway right.

Anybody can throw on boost and be fast. Im looking to take the approach, for the time being, of not going that route as I have other things I want to do to the car first.

Now the thread got de-railed by people that can't completely read or have a very low comprehension level. Read the original post again if you have to, I stated very clearly I was not interested in boosting the car yet however it would be done eventually, I then stated very cleary I did not have to outrun him but only keeping him close was the goal.

So if you have any ideas on how to do that by all means enlighten me share your knowledge, it will be received well, however if all you can bring to the party is "you have to boost it, its the only way" GTFO save your time and mine.
Im looking for N/A and cheap NOS system suggestions. If its to low brow for you GTFO I don't care about your damn get turbos comments

jp im old enough to spot a curt kobain plaid wearing wannbe go cut your teeth elsewhere
nate it should be about your speed I assume
kdaly im looking for a vid ill be back..ya boost the end all answer lately when you mention a coyote

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
[video=youtube;ML1KZEUhn0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1KZEUhn0Y[/video]

yep slow ass N/A cars

kdaly

Established Member
These cars have been out for 5 years now. Pretty much all the avenues have been explored. Your asking for advise and we are telling you what has been know to work great. If you want to stay NA and get as much HP as you can for the money. Do Full Exhaust with OR mid pipe. One hell of a tune. If you are doing a turbo in the future you'll probably be buying headers for this car twice. Full exhaust from a good company like Kooks or ARH and axle backs will cost ya 1800 to 1900 not installed. I wouldnt get a One piece DS if I were to do things again. Didnt feel any gains even when I was NA. I just told myself I did. It does remove rotating mass and in theory it should do wonders but I didnt notice much if anything. My tune made the biggest difference. You dont need a BAP or a clutch at these power levels. Read all the posts on the IM's and make your decision based on how you drive your car. Get titties tires and bang gears like crazy.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
In order to keep up with him while N/A, you'll need the following:

Ported CJ or Boss Manifold
EU47 Injectors
E85
Long Tubes
O/R Mid-pipe
Cat-back
TB
Driveshaft
LCA's
Drag Radials
3.73 or 3.90 Gears
Intake
Custom Tune

My car was "built" by Drew who is known as 01bluesnake here. He had a bolt-on 5.0, less headers (ran stock headers) with suspension mods like k-member, relocation bars, etc. and slicks/skinnies. Managed 11.0's @ 121-123. That is enough to hang with the car in question, but, not enough to beat it.

Should he have had headers, he would have ran 10's N/A which is definitely something to say about the 5.0's in N/A form. A lot of people call BS, but, numbers don't lie, nor do timeslips. Not every person can drive the same and knows how to dial a car in and tweak it correctly to run good at a track.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
In order to keep up with him while N/A, you'll need the following:

Ported CJ or Boss Manifold
EU47 Injectors
E85
Long Tubes
O/R Mid-pipe
Cat-back
TB
Driveshaft
LCA's
Drag Radials
3.73 or 3.90 Gears
Intake
Custom Tune

My car was "built" by Drew who is known as 01bluesnake here. He had a bolt-on 5.0, less headers (ran stock headers) with suspension mods like k-member, relocation bars, etc. and slicks/skinnies. Managed 11.0's @ 121-123. That is enough to hang with the car in question, but, not enough to beat it.

Should he have had headers, he would have ran 10's N/A which is definitely something to say about the 5.0's in N/A form. A lot of people call BS, but, numbers don't lie, nor do timeslips. Not every person can drive the same and knows how to dial a car in and tweak it correctly to run good at a track.

Now there is something I can use thank you sir

I have a strong inclination that as long as I can get out and hit 2nd clean this guy will blow his tires off. After all he is used to driving a 1 ton diesel. I have had a couple cars now and drove stick my whole life so if I can get to 12+/- seconds I think it will be enough to shame him.

It really is a no lose to me as nobody expects my car to be anywhere near him.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I'm shocked the mods haven't deleted this thread yet.

The real problem is people repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again when it was already dealt with in OP. I will be doing turbo but not yet, I don't have to beat him just be close. Now I know those two points are just an absolute stumbling block for the many narrow minded boost only chest thumpers that run amuck threw out this forum. If they so chose to read and not agree with my approach by all means carry on and click the back button, but if you so choose to type without regard for what has been clearly stated many a time prepare to be retorted at with a not so pleasant response from me.

Case in point it took you 23.6 seconds longer to type your response and submit then to just click back and carry on with your trolling however here we are.

And really that is why the mods are who they are they can distinctly see the difference between a shit thread and shit responses in a thread.

Honestly this one is all but lost due to the constant return of a turbo only fellow. At this point I have found a few people that have given responses that have helped and if I need anything further they are a pm away, where the distraction will be indeed less

Ordered cam and springs today....

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
Hey guys my friend has a car and he says that he would beat me in a race and he is dumb because he spent a bunch of money on a supercharger but i dont care about that im obviously going to beat him in the future when i go over 1000 hp but for now i just want to get close how do i not lose by a bunch and get laughed at for as little money as possible oh and its a convertible thanks for the help

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Hey guys my friend has a car and he says that he would beat me in a race and he is dumb because he spent a bunch of money on a supercharger but i dont care about that im obviously going to beat him in the future when i go over 1000 hp but for now i just want to get close how do i not lose by a bunch and get laughed at for as little money as possible oh and its a convertible thanks for the help

begin slow clap

q6543

Established Member
Maybe this has been covered already but SLICKS or don't bother.
don't be the guy who lost and start in with but, but...but.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Maybe this has been covered already but SLICKS or don't bother.
don't be the guy who lost and start in with but, but...but.

You bet I have a set sitting in shed mounted on steelies.

Not sure if same bolt patteren I assume they are hopefully offset works

thx

Users who are viewing this thread