Working a Group Purchase for Pro 5.0 Shifter for the 03 Cobra

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
good one. i just put that on my list of things to do and check when picking up my ride.

2003SVTCobra

Established Member
Steeda Shifter

I just received the Steeda shifter I ordered along with the group purchase yesterday, and man it feels great! The handle even sits back farther, so you don't have to reach up anymore to shift.

Thanks Dave.:beer:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I can tell you guys that most of you will probably not be happy with the stock handle on the Pro5.0. It might be worth checking if they can be ordered w/ the medium handle which is very similar to the Steeda handle. It brings the shift knob back to a much better position and I think most would be happier with it.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
How uncomfortable will it be?? I already have a pro5.0 in my 01 ...will it be like that or worst?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
How uncomfortable will it be?? I already have a pro5.0 in my 01 ...will it be like that or worst?

jmir - it should be the same. So if you don't have any problem with it in your '01, you should be fine. I had the stock, short handle on it when I first got it and used that for awhile, but I much prefer the medium handle w/ the offset in it. I took some pics of a Steeda Triax handle next to the Pro5.0 med handle side by side. When I get a chance, I'll post them.

2003snake

Established Member
You will NOT like the stock handle!

I am actually using the ORIGINAL STOCK handle 'till my MGW comes in.....

Here's a pic....

2003snake

Established Member
The instructions call for you to cut out a piece (circle) from the rubber that's attached to the brass plate that deadens the sound.

this circle makes it fit perfect around the base of your new PRO 50

The sound is not as bad as the Tri-Ax that I had in my ROUSH.

Any way to get to the point......I had a brain fart today and looked at the stock shifter again and realized that it had a rubber boot on top......it appeared to be to small to fit around the base of the PRO 50 but guess what it actually fits!!

...... and it's much quieter!!!!!!!

here's some pics.......

this is of the ORIGINAL stock after I just removed the boot...

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I received the Pro 5.0 shifter this afternoon (Friday 9/27) via UPS. It was ordered through the Group Purchase. The shifter looks great, but the knob has to go! Hopefully, the stock knob will fit.

Dana

2003snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
I received the Pro 5.0 shifter this afternoon (Friday 9/27) via UPS. It was ordered through the Group Purchase. The shifter looks great, but the knob has to go! Hopefully, the stock knob will fit.

Dana

What knob??????

and yes the stock knob fits.

Users who are viewing this thread