World's most annoying Rotory engine?

LongDucDong

Established Member
UGH, I hate the sound of those stupid things. Rotaries are, hands down, the absolute most unappealing sound in the automotive world.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
reminds me of the old mack trucks with pnuematic (spelling?) starters. My dad had a few back in the early garbage days
for example
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1RLUxp3Gpo"]YouTube - Mack R700 V8 Start up[/nomedia]

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
There was a car like that when I went to the Homestead-Miami Speedway to watch some 1/8 mile drag racing.

Looked like a mid-80s RX-7 and it had drag radials. The driver would do a big burnout, stage the car, and launch at really high RPMs........only to run high 10s. Loudest car there BY FAR, and yet also one of the slowest. It was pretty sad.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
UGH, I hate the sound of those stupid things. Rotaries are, hands down, the absolute most unappealing sound in the automotive world.

gotta disagree with you. I think rotaries sound pretty wicked when the rpm's get really high.. I HATE the sound of v-twin engines, and the majority of 4 cylinder engines.

There was a car like that when I went to the Homestead-Miami Speedway to watch some 1/8 mile drag racing.

Looked like a mid-80s RX-7 and it had drag radials. The driver would do a big burnout, stage the car, and launch at really high RPMs........only to run high 10s. Loudest car there BY FAR, and yet also one of the slowest. It was pretty sad.

why is that sad? Because he wasn't as fast as the rest of the cars there? It is still a 10 second car.. the rpm's are required to get the car in the power band.. and to me, anything with only 2 "cylinders" that runs a 10 is impressive.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep but it gave you a hell of a run...

What wheels and tires do you have on the back?

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Not all rotaries sound awful...
:-D

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Xl0i4uNGU"]YouTube - Mazda Furai : Race Track[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox2wgHqrNy0&feature=related"]YouTube - Mazda 787b Mine Circuit (High Volume!)[/nomedia]

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
why is that sad? Because he wasn't as fast as the rest of the cars there? It is still a 10 second car.. the rpm's are required to get the car in the power band.. and to me, anything with only 2 "cylinders" that runs a 10 is impressive.

It was an 1/8th mile track.

Users who are viewing this thread