World's Most Powerful Personal Laser - 1Watt for $200 bucks

Good Idea or Not?

• It's not as dangerous as it sounds....

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • It's really dangerous and I would be careful of it

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I hope US bans this from being imported

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I would buy it and use it as a gag thing

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thenexlevel

Established Member
Warning: Extremely dangerous is an understatement to the power of 1W of laser power. It will blind permanently and instantly and set fire quickly to skin and other body parts, use with extreme caution and only when using the included eye protection. Customers will be required to completely read and agree to our Class IV Laser Hazard Acknowledgment Form.

DailyTech - WickedLasers Unveils "Lightsaber" Powerful Enough to Set People on Fire

Supposedly this is no joke and its being sold for $200 bucks. 50mW lasers can pop a ballon, this is 20x more power at 1W. This seems extremely dangerous, what do you guys think?

Scottyk

Established Member
sounds awesome!! I want one. I say you buy one, light some stuff on fire and let us know how they hold up before I buy one

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
sounds like bullshit, if it was really that deadly our gubment would have outlawed it before everyone is running around with 1W lasers. Not to mention the military would be all over it at that price....have one guy in each platoon with one and blind/set fire to enemy soldiers as they pop their heads out to take a shot... not to mention line-of-sight accuracy (no bullet drop over long distances to compensate for; if you can see the target....its dead) so you could have snipers miles away blinding/setting fire to enemy combatants.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
sounds like bullshit, if it was really that deadly our gubment would have outlawed it before everyone is running around with 1W lasers. Not to mention the military would be all over it at that price....have one guy in each platoon with one and blind/set fire to enemy soldiers as they pop their heads out to take a shot... not to mention line-of-sight accuracy (no bullet drop over long distances to compensate for; if you can see the target....its dead) so you could have snipers miles away blinding/setting fire to enemy combatants.

who's to say they don't?

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
Probably cant even be shipped into the United States legally, or even interstate I would think. If the less powerful ones cant then I doubt this one will.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
This is every scouts dream. You could get a dozen merit badges with this thing alone. Not to mention fight off grizzly bears AND brown recluses driving pontiac solstices going 65000 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread