Worst/least favorite part of the job (LEOs ONLY)

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
A switch up from the usual 'I did x can I fight it?' type threads...

My mother, who has been a social worker for the past few decades has sometimes mentioned that police officers have told her that one part of their job they hate is being the ones to remove children from homes and dealing with child abuse etc.

What are some of your least favorite parts of the job? Paperwork? Dealing with some rotten individuals?

I hope this isn't too much of a 'downer' thread, but found myself a bit curious.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Worst part is the political BS.

Best part is seeing the relief in someones eyes when you've helped them out a situation that they thought was insurmountable.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Absolutely hate haveing to go telling somebody that their loved one has been killed in a automobile crash.

Love getting to sit in court and hearing people's stupid assed stories about how they had to break the law for whatever reason.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Like post #3, I hate having to give a wife, husband, kids there loved one has passed on. This is without a doubt the worst part of my job. I don't know how, but I got by without having to do it for fifteen years. Then "Boom" triple fatal where I had to tell the wife two of her kids and husband were gone. Still bothers me today.
The best part as a Trooper is my freedom to work where I want to. I have a boss (s) but I can go days without ever seeing him.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Worst part is knowing and seeing first hand what foul things people do to each other and knowing that the victim will continue to suffer emotionally, physically etc while the dirtbag who committed the crime will likely return to society as if they never missed a beat (if they are apprehended at all.)

I do enjoy some of the company I've kept in the last several years.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Worst part, seeing people walk on technicalities when its obvious they are guilty of the crime.

Best part to me, hands down is the friends I have made working. The trust that I put into them and they put into me is hard to believe. When you go on calls and get into life or death situations you really begin to become close with the people you work with. Its hard for people who havent been around that kind of environment to understand how it can make a person who was a complete stranger before working together, to being closer in some cases than a family member

Users who are viewing this thread