Worst luck with springs

slim one

Established Member
When I bought my 01 cobra 7 years ago I had prokit installed it only lowered rear 3/4 inch so I finally replaced them last year with h&r sports. this time they lowered car 2 inches. Here's the problem they feel too soft and bouncy. They never broke in either always have lowered 2 inches. I replaced shocks thinking that was the problem I went with brand new bilsteins. So since I have such bad luck I'm gonna have my stock rear springs cut. How much should they be cut for 2 inches. Thanks

shurur

Established Member
I made a table in the terminator cut springs thread. But really just go with h&r race springs.

Charlington

Established Member
There are 2 Bilstein shocks, one HD for stock height Mustangs or Cobras and the other for lowered Mustangs or Cobras. They only show up when you look up Cobra shocks on Bilstein website. The stock or HD Bilsteins won't work right on lowered cars.

Charlington

Established Member
Go to Bilstein website, look for Cobra shocks. They don't show if you look for Muastang or Mach 1 etc.

I don't think they are necessary till you drop 1.5 or more inches.

They make 2 Shocks. The B6 for Passenger cars and the B8 for Sport Passenger cars. I copied this line from the description of the B8 Bilstein's - High-performance shock absorbers and struts designed specifically for lowering springs and production sport vehicle

Well, they make more for other than street application - http://cart.bilsteinus.com/search/mmid=56603/drivetype=RWD

The B6 are HD and the B8 are SP

Last edited:

starnsey

Established Member
I've run Bilstein HD's on H&R Super Sports and they're fine. I've now got them on my Mach paired with Vogtlands, which are pretty similar to the SS's and they're also fine.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I've run Bilstein HD's on H&R Super Sports and they're fine. I've now got them on my Mach paired with Vogtlands, which are pretty similar to the SS's and they're also fine.

i have bilstein HD's as well on H&R Super Sports with poly isos. Ride is great and handles great for an 11 year old car!

slim one

Established Member
So could it be I have a bad set of springs the ride sucks it's hella soft and bouncy

Last edited:

slim one

Established Member
I just look at my shocks again and this is the number on them 24-185974 from what I understand these are the sport ones

shurur

Established Member
I just look at my shocks again and this is the number on them 24-185974 from what I understand these are the sport ones

Those are B8 Sport shocks
What strut are you running up front?

It may be that the sport springs are too progressive for your taste...bouncy.

H&R Race springs are linear in the rear and slightly progressive in the front and more taut feeling.

Last edited:

slim one

Established Member
Currently running stock struts. What if I went with a different shock one Thad adjustable like koni would that fix it

Users who are viewing this thread