worth it to eaton swap?`

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Been there myself with the ProCharger. Lots of friends have gone through it with Vortechs, too. Frequently people change to the older timing cover so they can use the 3-bolt tensioner because they get tired of belt problems.
As I stated, plenty of mach owners have not had that problem. When and if there is a problem it is a setup issue, not a 'blower type' issue.

Which route seems to make the best power?
Define what you mean by 'best power' and I can help answer that.:beer:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
As I stated, plenty of mach owners have not had that problem. When and if there is a problem it is a setup issue, not a 'blower type' issue.

Define what you mean by 'best power' and I can help answer that.:beer:
Which setup are you running?

BM1

Established Member
Been there myself with the ProCharger. Lots of friends have gone through it with Vortechs, too. Frequently people change to the older timing cover so they can use the 3-bolt tensioner because they get tired of belt problems.

I have zero problems with my Vortech. Check your installation before you talk shit about the product.

Last edited:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
I did, along with several different performance shops. I drove it about 40k miles with the D1SC. Slung the belt 3 times. That's not too bad in some people's opinion since they don't drive their cars that much. For me, I need to have a more dependable setup so I don't have to work on it on the side of the road during a 1000 mile trip or have it towed home from an evening at the drag strip. Part of the problem is access. If you sling a belt you have to pull the power pipe, discharge pipe, and head unit just to get access so you can fix it. If you try to change the belt while it is hot, be ready for blisters because the head unit is one hot mother. Many of my friends using Vortechs have had similar experiences, I've watched them shred belts on the dyno and helped them replace belts at the track. It happens on the KB setups, too, but the belt replacement process isn't as bad since you don't have to remove the head unit.

The Eaton setup using Cobra pulley position with a separate drive belt is easier to work on IF it slings a belt. Eaton owners complain about belt slip, but you seldom hear of any of them slinging belts.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Which setup are you running?
I had an ATi P1SC. I also know several mach owners with Centrif. setups.
I have zero problems with my Vortech. Check your installation ........
Thank you BM.

I did, along with several different performance shops. I drove it about 40k miles with the D1SC. Slung the belt 3 times. That's not too bad in some people's opinion since they don't drive their cars that much. For me, I need to have a more dependable setup so I don't have to work on it on the side of the road during a 1000 mile trip or have it towed home from an evening at the drag strip. Part of the problem is access. If you sling a belt you have to pull the power pipe, discharge pipe, and head unit just to get access so you can fix it. If you try to change the belt while it is hot, be ready for blisters because the head unit is one hot mother. Many of my friends using Vortechs have had similar experiences, I've watched them shred belts on the dyno and helped them replace belts at the track. It happens on the KB setups, too, but the belt replacement process isn't as bad since you don't have to remove the head unit.

The Eaton setup using Cobra pulley position with a separate drive belt is easier to work on IF it slings a belt. Eaton owners complain about belt slip, but you seldom hear of any of them slinging belts.

Have those friends had the install done by the same shops or themselves? Going through belts like crazy has more to do with incorrect belt size, or poor alignment. Members on teh reg that had belt issues discovered a pulley alignment issue. Once that was fixed, all was well.

As I stated, nothing wrong with the setup itself. BTW - I put ~7k miles on her and had the same belt without a single sign of wear when it was taken off.

Users who are viewing this thread