worth the jump from 2.2 to 2.6kb?

fast astro

Established Member
Im on the fence right now if I I should sell my 2.2kb and upgrade to a 2.6. On the current setup stock long block 570hp #17 pump gas 91. 600 with added timing same boost #17 on 116. My goal is 650-700 race boost. What gains is there on pump gas with a 2.6kb? Got over the loud whine on the 2.2 the 2.6 is loud enough now more so interested in hp gains.

fast astro

Established Member
21lbs of boost and e-85 what kind of #'s should that bring? Not to familiar with e-85. What supporting mods would I need. Have 60's injectors, stock pumps and a boost a pump

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
21lbs of boost and e-85 what kind of #'s should that bring? Not to familiar with e-85. What supporting mods would I need. Have 60's injectors, stock pumps and a boost a pump

I'm no expert at this but you are going to need bigger injectors and etc. E85 requires more volume of fuel for the same HP level as gas. There are guys on here making 650-700 with a 2.2 and e85. I'd start a new thread titled KB2.2 and e85. That might get their attention. :beer:

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member

There are couple of people here running around 650-670rwhp on 2.2 KB and e85.

It depends on what kind of fuel system you would want to go with as far as support (return or returnless, I would go return) Either way you will need 80lb injectors.

You could either go return style (Look up Lethal's Budget Return fuel system) ,,, or stay returnless, but you would have to get Dual GT Pumps, Wire upgrade kit, Soem kind of fuel hat (fore or division x), 8an upgrade line, and dual FPDM.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
So to run e85 you don't have to run return? Just upgrade your fuel feed line, GT pumps, Maf,bap,80lb, and tune?

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
So to run e85 you don't have to run return? Just upgrade your fuel feed line, GT pumps, Maf,bap,80lb, and tune?

No you don't have to, return is great for those who run lots of HP, the setup you mentioned (also will need some kind of fuel hat to fit those GT pumps, let's say Fore, a dual FPDM, and most likely a BAP wiring upgrade kit) will only support around 700rwhp on e85, anything over that and its better and (cheaper) to just buy return style.

My setup is Dual GT Pumps, Fore Fuel hat, Dual FPDM, 80lb injectors, 40amp KB BAP, 8an line, Lethal wiring upgrade kit, and numbers in my sig.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
My goal is anything over 600 literally 601 would be great. So now I won't be going return! Thanks for the info!!!

Users who are viewing this thread