Worthwhile bolt-ons/mods for a Mach?

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
I was just browsing around the forum and figured I'd ask for some suggestions for my dad's '04 Mach I. I don't see very much advertised for bolt-ons for the mach's as you do for the cobra's and GT's and need some opinions. So far he has a JLT intake, UPR X-pipe, MAC mufflers, 4.10's, a RAM Clutch, Pro 5.0 and is tuned making 316hp (I forget what the tq was). He eventually wants to supercharge it but I think I've convinced him to go built w/ heads & cams once it is paid off (which is soon), but that will still be in the future. What are some other worthwhile mods for the mach's? He does run it at the track on occasion when we have track rentals and will most likely start coming with me to some test & tune nights when I get home.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
LT headers i just did kooks on mine and if you go cams try and find a set of 98 cobra intake cams there about 100 bucks for both and you can gain some power on the dyno and the heads on the machs are pritty soild from the factory.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
If you mean in teh mean time with N/A?......Alum DS, LT's, and upgrading the rear now.

He can toss on a 100shot for now..as mention, if he wants more before hte blower.

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
Cool, I think I'll look at getting him some headers for x-mas. Then some 31 spline axles and some DR's. Would a wet kit be best if he wants to use nitrous? What are the weak points of the mach's?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Cool, I think I'll look at getting him some headers for x-mas. Then some 31 spline axles and some DR's. Would a wet kit be best if he wants to use nitrous? What are the weak points of the mach's?

I dont' have experience with using a bottle, so I can't answer that. I'd presume yes.

weak points?...stock axles with stickie tires (you're covering that), rods/pistons (which I'm sure you know about), 1-2-3 synchros in 3650 (although both of my machs never had an issue), and the infamous head tick (again, niether of mine had an issue). :beer:

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Here's a vid for you of my car. I was only spraying a 125 shot in the video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txg4UMECCIA"]YouTube - Street Legal Drags Mach 1 July 2009 NX 125 Shot[/ame]

Mods:
BBK Lt's, x pipe, magnapacks
Ported lower intake
Accufab TB
Stock paper air filter with silencer yet
150 shot NX

Good rear suspension
sticky tires

This wasn't even my best run. I have done a 7.29 in the 1/8

ralvarez

Established Member
couple of buddies of mine found eaton swap for less than 2k dont know how much was the labor but that's a very good price IMO

Users who are viewing this thread