WOT Box and wrench light

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Anybody with the WOT Box ever had their car go into limp mode and throw a wrench light when you let the clutch go on the 2 step? My first track day everything was fine. I made at least 10 passes and everything worked perfectly. Second track outing after the install, not so much. I have the 2 step set at 4k, that worked but as soon as I let the clutch go, the car fell on it's face went into limp mode. I can't remember the exact code it threw, but it was related to RPM's. I disconnected the battery to clear the code, and went at it again. It happened twice more, before I gave up and finished out the night without the 2 step. Just curious if anybody has had this happen

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Well, I went back through and checked all my connections. There were a couple that were questionable....not anymore. I have nice solder joints and everything is heat shrinked and taped. Everything seems to work ok, but testing on street tires just results in a burnout. Are there sensors that throw the car into limp mode from over torque on the driveline when launching on slicks?

Last edited:

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
I just got mine installed and haven't tested it, but on my last tune revision i let Shaun know i was looking to purchase one and he stated he would need to adjust something in the tune for it. I cant comment on what, but he told me he would only do it in the drag tune.

Did you go with the n2mb or the msd?

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
n2mb here as well. Well that sucks, hope you get both issues straightened out without too much headache

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
It's set correctly. I made at least 10 passes and it worked just fine. I didn't change anything, and the next time out..wrench light, limp mode

Users who are viewing this thread