WOT Box Launch Technique

lawdude

Established Member
For those of you who have the two step version I have a couple of questions:

1) What rpms do you set for launch;

2) Do you just dump the clutch or ease into it?

Thanks

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
For those of you who have the two step version I have a couple of questions:

1) What rpms do you set for launch;

2) Do you just dump the clutch or ease into it?

Thanks

I just installed mine and have'nt had a chance to try it at the track, only on the street. From what I've seen and people I've talked to this is what I'm going to start out with:

1) Depending on your RWHP: 2200-3000rpm - I'm going to start out @ 2200 first for my set-up.

2) Definitely not going to side step....going to ease into it to engage the clutch....

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
For the launch u can turn off the launch control tps check entirely. Click enable next to the tps threshold. Then the car will 2 step anytime the clutch is down without it having to be at WOT...

Ease out of the clutch on launch...

For the NLTS, I have it set at 175mm for now till I start shifting faster ...

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I just installed mine and have'nt had a chance to try it at the track, only on the street. From what I've seen and people I've talked to this is what I'm going to start out with:

1) Depending on your RWHP: 2200-3000rpm - I'm going to start out @ 2200 first for my set-up.

2) Definitely not going to side step....going to ease into it to engage the clutch....

You can't ease the clutch out...you have to commit....Remember your foot is on the floor already you will be leaving at 6k plus if you ease it. As soon as your foot moves the rpm's come up so you have to dump the clutch. Ask Kostas he pulled his hair out for a long time doing that.

I also don't think the 2-step and a straight blower car will hook on DR's. I will work on slicks if you commit...DO NOT TRY TO SLIP IT!!!

I personally think the only benefit you will have with the WOT box is the trans will fall into gear better using the WOT shift function.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I only tested mine once to date. it seems to me that once you release the clutch the car goes WOT immediately,TB is already wide open, and if you dont hook on the hit you're spinning.

anyone else have this experience ?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I just explained how to set it up so that your not at WOT for the 2 step..

And on the drag radial comment, that's not true. I had no problem hooking with my M&H def radials.

Slicks are not needed !

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Yes factory setting you have to be at WOT.. And I experienced the same thing the first time I tried it which is why I adjusted it..

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
great thanks Rob - looks like I have to take the lap top out to the car!

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
You can't ease the clutch out...you have to commit....Remember your foot is on the floor already you will be leaving at 6k plus if you ease it. As soon as your foot moves the rpm's come up so you have to dump the clutch. Ask Kostas he pulled his hair out for a long time doing that.

I also don't think the 2-step and a straight blower car will hook on DR's. I will work on slicks if you commit...DO NOT TRY TO SLIP IT!!!

I personally think the only benefit you will have with the WOT box is the trans will fall into gear better using the WOT shift function.

Thanks for the insite. I've talked to Kostas and he just can't seem to find any launch RPM that will work for him with out smoking the tires. But, on the other hand I've talked to Autoliberte and he pulles 1.45 - 1.5 60' times all day long. I know good 60' times have many factors, suspension, torque curve, track prep etc. But, talking to people with similiar mods a 1.45 or even 1.5 60 time (even on DR's) is doable with this box and will be a great improvement over my 1.7 - 1.65 60' times. I'm not thinking the N2mb box will allow the clutch to SLIP. It's either on or off as you release the clutch. But, how you release the clutch "side stepping" vs. lifting the pedal to engage the clutch prior to the launch control kicking in to the set RPM. This seems to be a preferred method. Keep in mind the way you use the WOT box is unlike anyone else on the forum...not many people can say they have a 1000rwhp monster....:poke: I'm shooting to improve my 10.71 to a high 10.4's....Guess I'll find out soon enough....

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Thanks for the insite. I've talked to Kostas and he just can't seem to find any launch RPM that will work for him with out smoking the tires. But, on the other hand I've talked to Autoliberte and he pulles 1.45 - 1.5 60' times all day long. I know good 60' times have many factors, suspension, torque curve, track prep etc. But, talking to people with similiar mods a 1.45 or even 1.5 60 time (even on DR's) is doable with this box and will be a great improvement over my 1.7 - 1.65 60' times. I'm not thinking the N2mb box will allow the clutch to SLIP. It's either on or off as you release the clutch. But, how you release the clutch "side stepping" vs. lifting the pedal to engage the clutch prior to the launch control kicking in to the set RPM. This seems to be a preferred method. Keep in mind the way you use the WOT box is unlike anyone else on the forum...not many people can say they have a 1000rwhp monster....:poke: I'm shooting to improve my 10.71 to a high 10.4's....Guess I'll find out soon enough....

I don't side step...Just pull me foot back.

Coonsnake

Established Member
the last two times i side stepped it hooked and i broke a driveshaft then an axle. i think my side stepping days mite be over. just start coming off the clutch pedal a lil harder

08cobrajet

SVT Addict
Established Member
hey guys, here are a couple of vids of my dad's (autoliberte) cars equipped with the wot boxes . we both sidestep the clutch for best results
the 07 gt500 still using the stock s/c with the WOT box set at 3200 rpm, got a 1.55 60ft on that run with a best of 1.48
[youtube_browser]23LjQpd4k8c[/youtube_browser]
the 08 clone CJ with the 4.0 whipple with the WOT box set at 2175 rpm, gets 1.4x on every single run and has got a best of 1.41
[youtube_browser]9xWEhUBDPgo[/youtube_browser]

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
hey guys, here are a couple of vids of my dad's (autoliberte) cars equipped with the wot boxes . we both sidestep the clutch for best results
the 07 gt500 still using the stock s/c with the WOT box set at 3200 rpm, got a 1.55 60ft on that run with a best of 1.48
the 08 clone CJ with the 4.0 whipple with the WOT box set at 2175 rpm, gets 1.4x on every single run and has got a best of 1.41

Slicks on both cars correct?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member

Do you have yours set to WOT for the 2 step?

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Do you have yours set to WOT for the 2 step?

Robert not trying to start an arguement...but if your're using the box the way you say all you are really benefiting is a consistent start RPM right? When you start releasing the clutch and applying the gas it would be very difficult to have a repeat sequence??? I'm just saying..... A 2 step on any car is so you can floor it and either dump the clutch or let the transbrake go....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread