WOT issue please help!!

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
Hopefully its something simple here's my issue.

At WOT the car stumbles like there is either no more fuel or spark. The car does idle high in my opinion usually at 1000 rpm.
I replaced the fuel filter same result. Cleaned MAF. My patience is growing thin I love this car but this issue is pushing me in another direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :??:

I am running the following mods

Long tubes
Bassani xpipe no cats
Ram air intake
NGk OE laser iridium gap .38 part NO. 4477
2.76 pulley

Screamin_Blower

VMP Sales & Event Manager
Established Member
Hopefully its something simple here's my issue.

At WOT the car stumbles like there is either no more fuel or spark. The car does idle high in my opinion usually at 1000 rpm.
I replaced the fuel filter same result. Cleaned MAF. My patience is growing thin I love this car but this issue is pushing me in another direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :??:

I am running the following mods

Long tubes
Bassani xpipe no cats
Ram air intake
NGk OE laser iridium gap .38 part NO. 4477
2.76 pulley

Stock blower? or ported?

Sounds like either the maf is pegged or a bad fuel hat.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
It could be a hand full of things really. Does the car want to stall at all? Check engine light?

It could be a air leek some where on the intake side of things. If its after the MAF its unmetered air, which can cause a high idle but it will usually jump around and not be a very consistent idle. which could cause it to run lean when WOT, usually you would get a CEL for it though. you do have LT's and one or both of your O2 sensors could be going bad. It could be a bad TPS.

need more information to help...

Screamin_Blower

Established Member
Hook up the sct and data log the info on the sct you'll see the maf counts on the screen. The TPS is located on the throttle body on the left hand side closest to the firewall. It could be O2's but at least you have a starting place. The maf could be failing and dropping off at high rpm's.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
yes, your up stream O2's relay information to your cars computer to help it run properly when in closed loop (when the car is at operating temps). If a O2 is not switching properly it can cause the car to run poorly when its warm, you can datalog the O2 sensors voltage. If they are around 1 volt or above, replace them. The MAF could be maxed out, but it would not cause the idle issue.

The throttle position sensor is on the side of the throttle body.

io8px79.jpg

Last edited:

Screamin_Blower

Established Member
Check maf count and make sure the plugs are gapped at .035
If your below 5 volts the maf is good next would be to check the fuel pumps.

racebronco2

Established Member
What have you changed recently?
Did the problem start after you changed something?
When did the car start acting up?
When you datalogged the maf counts were the reading consistent ( + or - 10 counts)or did it change alot(+ 10 counts)?
The maf counts need to be datalogged at wot and does the fuel pump duty cycle.

HELL-RAISER

Established Member
it just randomly started i didnt change anything, and no it did no change it was consistent, as far at the pump duty cycle i dont think i have the right tools to find this out unless the sct i have is able to do that. this car is new to me and im new to all the ups and downs that come with owning a terminator

Users who are viewing this thread