would a 180 degree thermostat help this??

love bandit2

Established Member
When my car is at normal operating temperature it is slow. I was at the track today and there was a ton of people there. I was usually waiting in the staging lanes an hour and a half between runs, so the car got a chance to cool down almost completely. It was running better than usual. My best was a 13.64 @ 101... I was impressed. As the day went on people started leaving, so the wait time between runs got shorter. The shorter the wait was, the slower my car got. It got to the point where I was running 13.9's and 14.0's with the same 60' and shift points as my 3 13.6x runs. I know the car being warm will slow it down, but a half second? that seems excessive. Is there anything I can do to help this?

SNAKEYE

Established Member
love bandit2 said:
When my car is at normal operating temperature it is slow. I was at the track today and there was a ton of people there. I was usually waiting in the staging lanes an hour and a half between runs, so the car got a chance to cool down almost completely. It was running better than usual. My best was a 13.64 @ 101... I was impressed. As the day went on people started leaving, so the wait time between runs got shorter. The shorter the wait was, the slower my car got. It got to the point where I was running 13.9's and 14.0's with the same 60' and shift points as my 3 13.6x runs. I know the car being warm will slow it down, but a half second? that seems excessive. Is there anything I can do to help this?

Probably, along with the high speed fan override mod. You gotta move the air thru the radiator too!

SNAKEYE

Established Member
love bandit2 said:
:idea: I wonder how many of your 900 posts are dedicated to complaining about people not using the search...

That is uncalled for. You came here looking for help, and this is how you respond?

Just do the search and all will be revealed to you, except for what else I know. How 'bout it 'b dub'.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
SNAKEYE said:
That is uncalled for. You came here looking for help, and this is how you respond?

Just do the search and all will be revealed to you, except for what else I know. How 'bout it 'b dub'.
its so simple!! either people want YOU to put the effort into it for them, or they simply dont know how to use the website that well. in either case, theres no excuse for attitude as well. ive learned a great deal about our car from using the....you know..

to original poster: for what its worth, i was referring to the hi speed fan override question when i said use the search, not yours. and yes, the fans can be made to turn on whenever you want either with a handheld tuner, a computer chip w/ a dyno tune, etc..but like snakeye said, youll have to get the water moving through as well.

Users who are viewing this thread