Would Appreciate Opinion

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks pretty nice. The main thing I would question is why it has a return fuel system with the stock eaton on there. Makes me wonder if it was de-modded.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It's modded. You're going to have to go over it with a fine toothed comb to make sure everything checks out.
Minimal, but does need to be checked out.
Looks pretty nice. The main thing I would question is why it has a return fuel system with the stock eaton on there. Makes me wonder if it was de-modded.
Yeah, that is odd Brady. Maybe he was running Corn, or sold a bill of goods. Look at ride height though

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Makes you wonder what fuel hat and pumps are in it. Car looks to be in good shape. Miss matched center caps are a little odd

close2reality

Established Member
I was down that way today for work however held off on going to look at it. Thanks for the advice.

close2reality

Established Member
So if this thing was de-modded is that really a worry? I mean everyone usually tries to get back to stock when selling pretty much anything, especially a dealership.

Would it be wrong to say they may have thrown the stock eaton back on but did not want to get into removing the fuel system?

Would this turn you guys off or is this not really a concern?

Heres the thing..its local, it looks clean, and it only has 35k. With that said I'm in no hurry....but then again these cars are not getting any younger.

Last edited:

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
there's 3 right now on Craigslist RI/MA area, check those out, take your time, look elsewhere the market here, I can arrange transport for you too pm me.

braindontstop31

Established Member
I would not be that worried about it. Looks like it's ready for a nice blower, fuel system is probably done and ready for E-85 (but looks like the stock 39lb inj).

I would put it up on a lift and check it out (exhaust, sub frames, suspension, look for any damage, drop the tank and see what fuel pumps are in it).
Do a compression check. You should be able to figure out everything about the car in a couple hours max.

I think it is a pretty good price, heck it could be a nice car with a $3k fuel system already done.

Woody6799

Established Member
Here's what I see:
larger h/e
Poor fitting, cheap rear tires
Mismatched center caps
Poor fitting honeycomb rear deck and Cobra lettering
Possibly an alarm? (LED on dash)
JLT CAI
Full return fuel line
Power Line for a amp/stereo set up
PCV Delete
EGR Delete

If you like getting your hands dirty and were looking to build a car it could be a good starting point. But this thing was definately de-modded and COULD be a bag of worms. If you have the money to fix it the right way it could be a great starting point, if you are looking for a daily or something you don' want to work on, pass.

close2reality

Established Member
Here's what I see:
larger h/e
Poor fitting, cheap rear tires
Mismatched center caps
Poor fitting honeycomb rear deck and Cobra lettering
Possibly an alarm? (LED on dash)
JLT CAI
Full return fuel line
Power Line for a amp/stereo set up
PCV Delete
EGR Delete

If you like getting your hands dirty and were looking to build a car it could be a good starting point. But this thing was definately de-modded and COULD be a bag of worms. If you have the money to fix it the right way it could be a great starting point, if you are looking for a daily or something you don' want to work on, pass.

I also noticed the top of the valve cover near the motor number/SVT badge is scratched up pretty good. I don't like seeing stuff like that...to me it screams "i don't know how to take things off and put them back on properly and patiently".

close2reality

Established Member
Been really thinking about the car, and the feedback I have received.

So I get that this thing looks like it was de-modded, and the lack of attention to detail with the center cabs, and I notice the tires are not the greatest.

With all this said, do you guys think the integrity of the car could be in question or is the criticism of the car so far more towards things of distaste?

What I'm saying is, for the low mileage I'm willing to compromise if it's not an integrity issue. (future issues, motor, etc.)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Surprised I'm the first person to notice this - it's not a 10th anniversary, there's no such thing as a ZY 10th.

OP - are you a big fan of Zinc Yellow? Have you seen it in person? In a poll I made a few years ago about most desirable colors for Terminators ZY finished dead last.

cj428mach

Established Member
In my opinion id pass on it.

All to often you see someone buy a car like this and spend a ton of money on it getting it right and fixing issues.

Its one thing to buy a modded car or a demodded car with documentation or even a previous owner to talk to but buying one from a dealer that knows nothing about it is asking for trouble.

I knew a local guy that bought a modded terminator from a kid that bought it modded and didn't know anything about the car. It seemed to make life so much more difficult when troubleshooting issues with it.

Franco

Established Member
Pass for sure. It was def de-modded, but besides that it looks like it just wasn't cared for i.e. Cheap tires, scratched up cop covers etc.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
pass and find another one. its worth driving farther and waiting for a better cared for car with documented history.
this car will probably cause u more trouble than its worth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread