Would I be stupid to get rid of my current cobra...

AJ SnkNV

Established Member
Hey everyone its been a while since I have been on the board but looking for advice. I am trying to decide if it would be in my best interest to get the 07 Shelby Cobra. My car is pretty much a complete redo over the past year with new wheels, polished supercharger, custom paint and stereo system. I have put about 15k in the car in the past year and know I will not get it back, so that is my first problem. So take a look at the snake with the link below and tell me if I should just hold out till maybe they actually come out with a vert. What would you guys do????

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I think that is something only you can answer. You may consider holding on to your car, which is a very nice car, and enjoy it awhile longer. That is really the only way to get some return on the money you have already invested.

Besides you can always get a GT500 after the initial frenzy quiets down, and availability and price improves. Hopefully that happens before they stop making it! :rolling:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Nice car!! You put a lot of work and money into it so it's pretty unique. I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade for the GT-500 especially if the new car's going to go over invoice and you take a bath on your current ride. I think a tricked out classic Cobra trumps a new stocker any day. I'm going to beat my 2001 for a few more years and hell, your's is way cooler.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
With the amount of money it appears you have invested in your car I'd say keep it. You will never get it back and the GT500 is going to be marked up when it first comes out. Wait a while and let Ford get the bugs worked out and the initial hype to die down.

AJ SnkNV

Established Member
Thanks for the replys. It is hard to hold out since as you know when you have an older car, its the little things that start working your nerves. I know I can get the Shelby on X plan but if I am going to get rid of my car its going to be for a convertable now.

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
Why would you want to sell? new car itch? Personally, I would wait at least until the second year of production. First years are always prone to problems and huge mark ups.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
AJ SnkNV said:
Hey everyone its been a while since I have been on the board but looking for advice. I am trying to decide if it would be in my best interest to get the 07 Shelby Cobra. My car is pretty much a complete redo over the past year with new wheels, polished supercharger, custom paint and stereo system. I have put about 15k in the car in the past year and know I will not get it back, so that is my first problem. So take a look at the snake with the link below and tell me if I should just hold out till maybe they actually come out with a vert. What would you guys do????

keep it, just buy the 07...

my 2 cents...

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
It's your call, but if it was me, I would hold off:
1) Dealers are going to be soaking customers for this car;
2) Very limited availability, you might not get one anyway;
3) No official announcement of a convertible (I think it's gonna happen, but who knows for sure);
4) Get some use out of the cash you spent on upgrades. You will never get it back so you may as well make use of the depreciation;
5) Your Cobra might be worth more if very few people get the new one due to limited production;
6) First year production can have lots of bugs

Just my .02

AJ SnkNV

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. As of right now I may go out and get a truck as a daily driver and finish up the suspension on the car.

DSG2003

Established Member
No way in hell, would I trade a car as nice as yours. But it all boils down to U.

jimmy77

Established Member
I just sold mine (96 mystic)...hated to see her go. I new with the new body style coming out, mine would take a big hit. Guess what I traded her for?????? A 4 cyl honda accord....don't laugh. I did it knowing gas prices will be high...and I'm not gonna use a gt 500 as a daily driver. I get 29- 30 mpg and i'm just biding my time till the gt 500 comes out. The honda is by far the smoothest solid car I have ever owned....great daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread