Would it be worth to change the FILTER?

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Hope this doesn't sound too much of a midnight bone head question. But, just got 2 5qt Bottles of Penzoil Ultra 5w30. I already had 1 WIX and 1 K&N Oil filters. Would it be worth if I change ONLY the oil filter at 3k miles and run the oil another 3k before doing another oil change? If so, which oil filter should I use first?

Thanks in advance.

-Rob-

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
It will work, but i would just run the synthetic oil and one filter for 5-6k miles and change the oil and filter then.
Either way, the wix filter is typically of decent quality as well as the KN one. Non-issue IMO.

On a side note, i used to run Mobil 1 in my old truck for 9k miles. I'd change the filter out every 3k.

04V8Mustang

Established Member
On a side note, i used to run Mobil 1 in my old truck for 9k miles. I'd change the filter out every 3k.

I run mobil 1 in my truck and change it about very 10,000 miles and filter at 3. Been doing this for about 60K miles and truck has 140K on it. Had oil analyzed at 10K and lab said all looked good and could stretch the change farther. I don't drive the crap out of it though.

Users who are viewing this thread