would it hurt?

02gtblack

Established Member
so my MAF sensor is either dirty or "crapping out." i had made plans already to change everything out (CAI, bigger MAF, bigger throttle body, intake manifold ect.) my question is, if i just get the CAI and an aftermarket mass air sensor, would it cause more problems just doing that then what i am having now?

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
As long as your new MAF is calibrated for your injectors, it should be ok.
BTW- if your original is dirty, it is easy to clean

02gtblack

Established Member
easy to clean as in buy a "MAF sensor cleaner spray" take it out myself and clean it? or take it somewhere and spend more money for someone else to do it. the only reason i ask is because i was planning on going with aftermarket stuff anyways. was planning on replacing it later rather than sooner (taking care of stupid mistakes). but if i gotta spend quite a bit to clean/replace with an oem part, should just get the aftermarket now.

spike_africa

Established Member
You do not need to touch the wire at all. They sell electrical cleaner that sprays out at a high speed so you do not need to touch the maf. Also aftermarket mafs are crap unless you run something like SCT ones but you do not need one. Clean your stock maf and save your money for something that will actully make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread