Would the Car be okay to drive to a shop?

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Hey I am currently running the mods in my sig. I am adding the following
Stiegmeier ported blower/tb/pl
2lb lower
NGK TR6's
JLT 12" CAI
LFP HE
Diablosport Mafia

Problem I have is I am a current RWTD customer but I know a couple people that have been waiting for tunes for over 2-3 weeks now :shrug: . I want my car to be up and running sometime soon. The only shops that are close is JLP (Johnny Lightning Performance) and HBH which both are about 3 and 1/2 hours away. I think it is probably too far for driving but I thought I'd ask. Is there any other options I have since I own a predator? Also does anyone think I'll need a KB BAP for this setup?
Thanks a lot :burnout:

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I have a couple suggestions for you. I had a similar situation and decided to take matters into my own hands.

First, I changed to a tuner who was more available and would work with me to get the tune and combination right. Second, I purchased a dynojet wide band commander so I could send datalogs to the tuner and we could tweak the tune perfect without having to waste time on the dyno. So my recommendation to you is to contact Dave at www.injectedracing.com. He will charge you a small fee for lifetime custom tunes for your Predator. He also has a great price on the dynojet WBC. If you do this, you will not need to waste 3-4 hrs each way and time on the dyno. It will be cheaper to tune your car the way I do and many others do as well. My car runs absolutely perfect and my tune is 11.5 - 11.7:1 all the way across the board. Good luck.

dougwg

Established Member
If I were you I would leave the Mafia off for now.

Drive to Hermann's and have him tune it. (at this point you may need the Mafia)

On your drive to Hermann's STAY OUT OF BOOST... you'll be fine.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Doug is right...you should be fine so long as you stay out of boost...I'd might even load the stock tune back up, just to be safe

Users who are viewing this thread