Would this be good?

cobramerc

I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could anwser. You guys here seem to be very knowledgable when it comes to keeping a clean car.

I use Zaino stuff and am quite happy with the quality and shine. However, up close I can see many super fine scratches that I would like to get rid of.

Here's what I was thinking:
1.Wash car well
2.Clay the car
3.Wash again
4.Use Poorboys SSR2.5 (on hood and front) or SSR1 (everywhere else) as needed with PC

5.Here's where I'm a bit lost:
Do I need to use a polish, like Poorboys Professional Polish with a Porter Cable
or can I go right to Zaino (by hand). I read somewhere that Zaino doesn't play nice with polish like Vanilla Moose, is that true?

6.Finish with a carnauba wax like S100.

Thanks for any insight you might have. :)

cobramerc

I didn't even know that they came out with something new, I just checked the site now. I assume you are referring to the Z-PC stuff. I would make since to stay in the Zaino family. Has anything had any luck with this stuff?

Juiced-03

Established Member
In all honesty, I don't use Zaino, but I figured it may be a good product to try since you are used to the system. If you are happy with it, there is no reason to use something else and spend more money! I'm the type of person who loves trying new things, but I would say just buy that new ZPC polish and be done with it.

I have never tried the new polish, but it does sound promising for lighter swirls. Give it a shot and let us know!

cobramerc

I am leaning towards get the the Poorboys stuff, maybe SSR2.5 for the worst areas, and following with the ZPC to get the paint ready for the Z2 pro. I'm not to keen on paying 8 bucks to get one bottle of stuff shipped though. I am planning on buying a PC so I was kind of hoping to get the polish from the same place (autogeek, etc).

Thanks for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread