Would u pay 45,000 for a 03 Cobra

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I just got to see what ya'll say about this one. Ad doesn't say much. Never seen the car. No color, 670+ hp level 5 halfshafts, 3.4 whipple, stage III cams, rims n tires, 90k invested, and too much too list. 45000 firm and this is the car everyone is trying to catch. I know he spent alot, and I hope he get's close too that. I just think that's alot of money. Craigslist Hawaii

breoland

Established Member
I wouldnt. But if I lived in hawaii and there was only one 03 cobra for sale that no one could beat. might be tempting. I just went on clist to see the ad and I saw other cobras for sale, like a 97 cobra for 11,000. I think it had pinapple spinners on it:)

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
is this the yellow one he brought to maui drags last year?,it has to be. he was stating 660rwhp, he beat my '04 eaton cobra by .2tenths in the 1/4 on his best run
maybe he can get 30k, maybe
there are 3 cobra '03's for sale here for 20k
one is only pullied and 12,000 miles(dont ask for the # for this one, i'm gonna work this deal)
i've seen and inspected the car up close, its ok i guess, they spent plenty money, the car needs someones hands to refine the modifications and make this vehicle into the beast it should be, not the way though i'm building mine, probly why mines just as fast with just the upper and lower pulley stock eaton and motor
when my whip 3.4 is finished i expect at least 10.2's
he was breaking into the 11's with his supposed 660rwhp and 3.4 whip
was not inpressive at all, i was ashamed, i left before people started asking questions and comparing my '04 to his, mine is the real mcoy, yes these guys bought alot of xpensive parts and put on car, but thats about it, anyone can pay to have someone do that, thats what they did,
the suspension on this car is all muffed up, he couldn't launch it for nothing, you could tell these guys are a auto shop playing around with a cobra but not really know the technicals to get it right
there is prolly 20k invested in parts
i've spent 30k in parts w/20% goes to shipping and i have way more crap than this car has, including bling factor, and that includes the 4 sets of rims and tires, including all the 24kt gold plating i've done to my '04, the only thing i dont have that they've got are the cams, but i'm not adding cams, i'm adding a new built motor

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Well like I said I hope he gets it or atleast close to it, must be a crazy car and I bet he put a ton of money into it. Wish I could see it in person.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
So were are these other two cobras in hawaii for 20k. I know a few people looking.

check the sunday maui times, the two should be there, hopefully no.3 never hits the paper, i'm working him down right now. there is no market here for these cars so they are less xpensive,what they cannot sell in oahu they send here, people are cheap and buy gt's instead and put nitrous and blow em up. secondly the few that did end up with one find they are scared of these cars and rightfully so, they should be, they have no drivng skills i'm sure. thirdly just as my friend, he has not the money to keep the car up an repair,he spends it on pu'nani, like his trac-loc is history from burning out around town and i told him how much to repair and it still sits unrepaired. i can do it for half of what forg will charge. fourthly dealing with our dealer is a nightmare at best. my '04 sat in the showroom for 1 year till i came around and took it for 26,500 and a 2000 limited explorer with shot trans, this was may of '05, they had it listed for 43k what a joke.

xxblwn408

Established Member
is this the yellow one he brought to maui drags last year?,it has to be. he was stating 660rwhp, he beat my '04 eaton cobra by .2tenths in the 1/4 on his best run
maybe he can get 30k, maybe
there are 3 cobra '03's for sale here for 20k
one is only pullied and 12,000 miles(dont ask for the # for this one, i'm gonna work this deal)
i've seen and inspected the car up close, its ok i guess, they spent plenty money, the car needs someones hands to refine the modifications and make this vehicle into the beast it should be, not the way though i'm building mine, probly why mines just as fast with just the upper and lower pulley stock eaton and motor
when my whip 3.4 is finished i expect at least 10.2's
he was breaking into the 11's with his supposed 660rwhp and 3.4 whip
was not inpressive at all, i was ashamed, i left before people started asking questions and comparing my '04 to his, mine is the real mcoy, yes these guys bought alot of xpensive parts and put on car, but thats about it, anyone can pay to have someone do that, thats what they did,
the suspension on this car is all muffed up, he couldn't launch it for nothing, you could tell these guys are a auto shop playing around with a cobra but not really know the technicals to get it right
there is prolly 20k invested in parts
i've spent 30k in parts w/20% goes to shipping and i have way more crap than this car has, including bling factor, and that includes the 4 sets of rims and tires, including all the 24kt gold plating i've done to my '04, the only thing i dont have that they've got are the cams, but i'm not adding cams, i'm adding a new built motor

Were you running slicks? I know the cobra your talking about was running street tires with a 137-140mph on the topend.

So you have invested 30k into your cobra, yet you are still sporting the stock eaton? What did you buy? Oh yah I forgot 4 sets of wheels and sone gold plating... whooooooo:rollseyes

64comet

Established Member
Were you running slicks? I know the cobra your talking about was running street tires with a 137-140mph on the topend.

So you have invested 30k into your cobra, yet you are still sporting the stock eaton? What did you buy? Oh yah I forgot 4 sets of wheels and sone gold plating... whooooooo:rollseyes

So are you saying that this car is worth $45K? Sorry but no way. It is nice and all, but for that price it should have a built motor and twin turbo.

tankerman1981

Established Member
I'm sorry but for that price it better have alot more than that... and some people just expect to get most of their money back that was invested in a car... but I've seen alot better cobras for alot less... but hey if he gets someone to pay that... more power to him... you never know with people out there they just dont know any better...

xxblwn408

Established Member
So are you saying that this car is worth $45K? Sorry but no way. It is nice and all, but for that price it should have a built motor and twin turbo.

Not saying its worth the asking price, but why dwell on it and bad mouth the car and the shop that it came out of?
It is his car and he can ask anything he wants for it.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
i run the et streets right now. i have a 3.4 whipple coming, i have spent money on getting all the supporting mods and i mean all,
(even two of alot of crap, i like to see what the different manufactureres have to offer) for when i get to putting on the whipple, i started from the ground up on the modding, did all the suspension and frame work first and then everything else that is available for bolt on motor mods, alot of crap i've tested got disposed of or given away. i've got at least 10k of parts sitting on the shelf. interior wise i went off, but it looks good and my son approves and that what really matters. i've redone my complete suspension twice to get it where i like it. i've also bought a couple of front bumper valances and had them painted and thats not cheap, i bought a stock front bumper valance and the steeda cobra r air dam for the 03-04 and put them together, shipping was $300 for the damn dam, but it is very nice. i did all the work myself cept welding the subframe and painting the valances
we are currently putting together the six to twelve point roll cage conversion in, this is a vert. btw

Last edited:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
buying a car and modifying it to no ends does not necessarally make it worth the money you've blown on it, i think most do it for a hobby and the enjoyment of having something different and nice, even the manufacturers like the roush mustang who market a midly modded car are overpriced and are no comparison to a midly modded cobra, but there are those who just want to buy and have because they can. i just cant see dumping all the money i've spent and time and expect, or want for that matter, someone to come along and buy my dream for even 40k, he would be fortunate to find someone to dump even 35k on it. times are tough and money has become very tight and is gonna get tighter. even the very rich are puckering they're asses

Users who are viewing this thread