would u put this shifter knob in your cobra ?

would you put this shifter knob on your cobra ?

• YES!!!

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • HELL NO!!!

Votes: 217 80.7%
  • uhh, maybe

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • only if someone said they would kill me if i didn't

Votes: 46 17.1%

• Total voters

1/2 bent

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I saw a few of those shifters in Cobra's at the 40th anniv Mustang get together. It was ok, but... personally anything but the stock shifter looks tacky IMO.

I didnt vote yes but like i said it isnt as awful when in the car. Its not for me though. I have an after market t-handle shifter i use and i think it looks better than stock. ( http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_t-handles.html ) Mine says Cobra on it. Tacky or no?? Although i may try this one here with the six speed emblem on it. http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_race_knob.html

Last edited:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I have the door lock knobs and the valve stem covers. I like them and the valve stem covers match perfect with my cobra r rims. Of course I show my car mostly rather than go FOR NOW.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 1/2 bent
I didnt vote yes but like i said it isnt as awful when in the car. Its not for me though. I have an after market t-handle shifter i use and i think it looks better than stock. ( http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_t-handles.html ) Mine says Cobra on it. Tacky or no?? Although i may try this one here with the six speed emblem on it. http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_race_knob.html

The T shifters arent tacky, but for the daily driver they look out of place, of course thats just my opinion. My reason for the thinking the T shifter looks out of place is because it looks like it belongs in those stripped down purpose built dragsters, rather than a semi sophisticated street beast. Like I said though, dont let my opinion bother you, thats just what I think, but I also think if thats what your happy with then thats what you should have.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by Zinc03Cobra
only if the eyes light up and it hisses between shifts

hahaa hisses:lol: hey if that were the case, then the 03-04 cobra's would have the most sounds ever by 1 car!! "whine, tick, piston slap, injector rattle, steering creak, drivetrain thump, exhaust, and the HISS

NowThatsPerfect

Established Member
Originally posted by mustangsally50
Hmmm..........that is a little much for me. I voted "Hell NO"

But if you want to acessorize, they do sell matching cobra head door lock covers :xpl:

werd.gif

that thing looks cheap and ricey

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by SALEENGTROUSH
hahaa hisses:lol: hey if that were the case, then the 03-04 cobra's would have the most sounds ever by 1 car!! "whine, tick, piston slap, injector rattle, steering creak, drivetrain thump, exhaust, and the HISS

Dont forget the pop/tink from the rearend

KosherCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
It might work, but you'll need these wheels to match:

yrims1.JPG

OMG that is freaken hidious!!!!! Put a 357 to my head and I may put the shifter on. But the wheels I'd rather jump off a bridge than drive around with those.

Who would design crap like that

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
A guy with a 99 Cobra where I live has that shifter knob on his car. I about threw up when I saw it. Then my eyes traveled to the Cobra door locks, then to the Cobra valve caps, then to the extra unecessary SVT and Cobra badges all over the car, then to the "FEAR THIS" sticker on the trunk, then to the NOS sticker right next to it...

Poor car... :(

whtsnake03

Established Member
:nonono:
I've seen these Cobra bling things at AutoZone in their "Fast and Furious" aisle. Right next to the neon license plate frames.

I voted no.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member

LCCOBRA

Established Member
lol they sell those in the auto section in meijer. Their junk problie and the spray paint chrome look will problie flake off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread