Would you buy a 99 L for 16K?

spoon48

Established Member
im stuck on deciding whether or not i want to buy a 1999 black lightning with 52K miles for 16K from someone in the newspaper. lightnings are a rare commodity but the bluebook value for a 99 L with 52K miles is a little over 14K. i guess you can jack up the price a little because L's are hard to find. should a buy it or forget about it?

spoon48

Established Member
only a tonneau cover and he chromed the stock 99 L rims. other than that its pretty stock. cosmetically its in pretty good condition. i really want a L but i want to get it at a good price. im trying not to let my urge make me end up buying a overpriced L.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241150&page=1&pp=25

take a look at this one, it is a hell of a deal, has some mods to it already and has been kept up really well!!! with the mods it has it saves you a good bit of money and is just a little more expensive that the one you are looking at. The mods he has that it comes with are worth a good bit of that 1,500 more plus it is 2 years newer!!!

spoon48

Established Member
should i buy?

04SilverBullet said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241150&page=1&pp=25

take a look at this one, it is a hell of a deal, has some mods to it already and has been kept up really well!!! with the mods it has it saves you a good bit of money and is just a little more expensive that the one you are looking at. The mods he has that it comes with are worth a good bit of that 1,500 more plus it is 2 years newer!!!

i was looking at it earlier. sweet truck. the only problem is that i live in hawaii and shipping is a b*tch and costs a arm and a leg. ive heard of scary stories of damages caused even by shipping in a sealed container. thanks anyway man. do you still think i should buy the truck here?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
I did.

I bought my '99 L from a dealership though. And that was almost a year and half ago. Plus, they had it stickered for $21K. Plus the Lightnings were commanding top dollar back then (not so much now) and, here in California, they seem to sell at a higher price than back east.

Now, with all that said, I think 16 is too high for a '99 Lightning. If KBB values the price at 14K as it sits, in Hawaii, then I'd go from there.

Stewart

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I'll sell ya mine for $19k. '02 w/ 31k miles. Mods in sig. You can get shipping for about $700.

agentf1

Established Member
I love my L... I have an 04 with 12k and would not sell it for what I paid for it. Besides being a fun vehicle to drive it is great to have for working around the house for hauling mulch. how many vehicles can do that and then you can take it to the strip for some 1/4 mile fun.

Users who are viewing this thread