Would you buy this car?

99GTvert

Established Member
I'm looking at used BMW 335's for my girlfriend's new car. We found a good one, but the carfax says it had a right side impact 3 years ago. Is there any way of telling how bad it was? As far as I know, right side impact could be anything from a stray cart in a parking lot, to getting T-boned at an intersection. The only reason I'm concerned is because it is a hardtop convertible, and I don't want any issues with the top sealing/closing.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Test-drive it. Raise & lower the top a few times. Then drive through a high pressure car wash.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I agree raise and lower the top. Check the window seals and drive it through a car wash

gt347mustang

Established Member
I'd stay away unless the car is in perfect condition and you plan to keep it 10+ years.

The resale value on wrecked cars is pretty low.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I'm looking at used BMW 335's for my girlfriend's new car. We found a good one, but the carfax says it had a right side impact 3 years ago. Is there any way of telling how bad it was? As far as I know, right side impact could be anything from a stray cart in a parking lot, to getting T-boned at an intersection. The only reason I'm concerned is because it is a hardtop convertible, and I don't want any issues with the top sealing/closing.

It's not just a stray cart. Incidents are only reported above $1500 or something.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Look at lower models like the 328i if same price in good condition vs accident 335. Unless she is into cars, she probably wont care about the turbos/small things.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member

If it's not under warranty, run.

Fuerza

Established Member
Look at lower models like the 328i if same price in good condition vs accident 335. Unless she is into cars, she probably wont care about the turbos/small things.

This! The 328 is a great car and fine motor. The naturally aspirated straight 6 engine is one of BMW's trade marks.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Can't say I would buy a used 3 series ever, based on my perception of the people that own them.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Have a BMW dealer look at it.

I loved my E90 335xi. Perfect DD IMO. Mine has sport, cold weather, premium, etc. Sport is a must. The non-sport seats are garbage.

Buy a Cobb AP & pick a stage 1 OTS map. Mine went 12.9 @ 109 w/just Cobb OTS AP map & BMS DCI.

Never_Enough

Established Member

NO!!!!

Don't waste your $ on a boring ass slow 328. Just find another 335.

99GTvert

Established Member
If it's not under warranty, run.

It is under warrantee, for a little while at least, but anything from an accident wouldn't be covered. Even out of warrantee, they aren't terrible. This will be her third, and other than the (often exaggerated) BMW parts premium, they are actually not bad at all to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread