Would you let someone else drive

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Who else gets to drive your Lightning besides you? Do you let your wife/girlfriend drive it? (do you let your wife know the girlfriend gets to drive it? :D ) What about family or friends?

If you do let someone else drive it to you let them haul stuff around with it?

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
I have let a few select friends drive it. One has a 69 442 that I have driven, and the other has a 2001 BMW M3. They were both blown away by the Lightning. I even let Jim/JDM drive it at Englishtown, man is it scary watching him do a sideways burnout in my truck.

two fast 4 u

I have let my wife, brother and dad drive my L. My wife is the only one that has told me that she had to defend the reputation of the L against a mustang. I have tought her how to drive the L so I was not totally freeked out.

Paul

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Mom and girlfriend

Teaching girlfriend how to drive it the right way, and she loves the attention she gets in.

Question to all those who let others drive their L:
As you sit in the passenger seat don't you go through withdrawl?

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I think I've only let my mechanic drive it only because he did the line-mod valve and he was impressed. besides that he drives a 10sec. Grand National which he built himself, so I knew he could handle my little beast.
Other that, hell no!

yosemitesamiam

Established Member
As with anything I've ever owned...only my wife and my father (and father in-law) get to drive...and of course my brother....scares him to death though (hahaha). Of course, I'm always riding along (except for my father)...

Now hauling stuff in it is a whole 'nother story....

Not only does no one haul SHIT in my Lightning :fm: ...if someone needs to haul something...I will be there driving myself and loading it myself....I would even take off work to help. No one gets my keys to haul anything! I've seen and read too many horror stories about truck beds getting totally f****ed up. People just don't give a rat's ass, you know?

Thanks for letting me vent! :D Feel much better now!

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I'm the only one that has driven mine besides the mechanic. To be honest there are only 4, maybe 5 people that I can think of that have even been for a ride in it. About the only thing that gets hauled around in mine are mods that I've purchased but not had time to install.

I've had the L since May of '00. I drove it everyday for the first 6 months. Right now the L has 6700 miles on it and gets driven once or twice a month. Last fall I bought a Ranger to drive every day and use to haul stuff around with. You should have seen the look on my father-in-laws face as I explained why I needed a truck so I didn't have to drive my truck. :D

yosemitesamiam

Established Member
Originally posted by FlaSVT
I'm the only one that has driven mine besides the mechanic. To be honest there are only 4, maybe 5 people that I can think of that have even been for a ride in it. About the only thing that gets hauled around in mine are mods that I've purchased but not had time to install.

I've had the L since May of '00. I drove it everyday for the first 6 months. Right now the L has 6700 miles on it and gets driven once or twice a month. Last fall I bought a Ranger to drive every day and use to haul stuff around with. You should have seen the look on my father-in-laws face as I explained why I needed a truck so I didn't have to drive my truck. :D

Did his face look something like this? :-?

2kL

Three of my coworkers have driven my truck, my wife has driven my truck. Two of my close friends have driven my truck. My mom and dad have driven my truck, and my mechanic has driven my truck. It is only a truck. They made more, so why not share the fun.

Brandon

John Armstrong

Established Member
My best half gets to drive mine anytime she wishes. When she does drive it she just complains..... cause she will be cruiseing down the highway and happens to look down and realize she is going around 110 to 120 MPH. She just doesn't understand how this happens :-?

I'm not sure either :rolling: :rolling:

Silver_2000_:)!

I have let a few people drive mine. As long I am comfortable they understand the power and how to handle it.

I cant see myself handing someone the keys and saying sure go move your self and bring it back when your done. I have used the excuse that I lost the keys to the tonneau cover... LOL

Doug

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Rick,

YOu would let me drive it riiiiiiiiiight? :D :D

LOL no one else drove my L cept me, no one drove my impala, my sister and my wife were allowed to drive the Ranger and Exploder though :D

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
Only three people have driven my L. My dad, Jim@JDM, Shaun@JDM.

I am weird about who drives my vehicles because when I was 17 a friend of mine forgot his term paper and I let him and another friend drive to his house to get it and they never made it out of the parking lot. A '68 Chevelle broad sided my car and I had to have it totaled. Thats why nobody ever drives my L without me with them.

LightninSVT

Established Member
After my friend and i swapped cars for the day (he drove my Ram pace truck and I his mustang) and he wrapped the back end of my truck around a pole:mj: Lets just say the only people that have driven this truck are the previous owner and my mechanic

Users who are viewing this thread