Would you rather have....

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
New. Faster, more driveable by today's standards, comfort, and looks. I really do want a 69 mach though!

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
kissmyAZZure said:
New. Faster, more driveable by today's standards, comfort, and looks. I really do want a 69 mach though!

I'm gonna have to dissagree with the looks statement ;-) .

Sapperstang

Established Member
Newer. I don't care much at all for the old cars. I would like to have one in perfect condition though just to say I did and to make it a weeked cruise car or something.

Blackie

Well, for crusin' around it would be a 1970 Calypso Coral Mach 1 with a 351C 4-V motor. Mix in the Shaker, Twist-on hood locks, Mini-lites (think vintage Trans-am racer), and a Top Loader 4-spd....Awsome Baby! :beer:

For every day driving....no doubt, a black '03 Mach! :)

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
San Pedro Mach said:
Well, for crusin' around it would be a 1970 Calypso Coral Mach 1 with a 351C 4-V motor. Mix in the Shaker, Twist-on hood locks, Mini-lites (think vintage Trans-am racer), and a Top Loader 4-spd....Awsome Baby! :beer:

For every day driving....no doubt, a black '03 Mach! :)

I have a 351 C 4V in a 57 ford. Also have a spare 2V cleveland. i hear they perform better with the 2V heads than the 4V because of how big the 4V's are :shrug:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I would love to have both, 69 Mach 1 cobra jet 429=weekend warrior
2003 Mach 1= daily driver
:rockon:
But back to the real world I am happy with the relaibilty and not forget to mention the fuel economy improvements with performance standards of the 03

Fosters

Established Member
depends. if the car was to be a daily driver, new, hands down. if i had a daily driver, old, hands down.

2k3mk1

Established Member
Mach170 said:
I have a 351 C 4V in a 57 ford. Also have a spare 2V cleveland. i hear they perform better with the 2V heads than the 4V because of how big the 4V's are :shrug:

True the 2v has better low end performance but the 4v breathes better at high RPM. Just get some torque plates for the 4v heads. Look in the Mustang Mags like Muscle Mustang (caters to older cars) they are advertised in there all the time cost less than $100.

I prefer the 04 for D/D duty but would love to get a 69-70 some day for a toy.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
2k3mk1 said:
True the 2v has better low end performance but the 4v breathes better at high RPM. Just get some torque plates for the 4v heads. Look in the Mustang Mags like Muscle Mustang (caters to older cars) they are advertised in there all the time cost less than $100.

I prefer the 04 for D/D duty but would love to get a 69-70 some day for a toy.
Exactly, most people don't understand this at all :bash: 71 429 SCJ Mach 1 here for me, I would settle for a 72 "R" code 351 H.O. as well.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
Someone say '69 Mach 1?

lunarmach169.jpg

lunarmach1692.jpg

lunarmach1693.jpg

67bigblock

Established Member
IF it was 428 cj car with factory "drag Pack" and a 4 speed like the one I almost bought just before I bought my 67 390 big block vert,...then,........maybee.
Having had old and new very recently I'd say its like comparing a fried egg sandwich to a 3 day old pizza.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Id simply be too afraid of getting a '69 Mach damaged as a daily driver. If you were lucky enough to have an original classic Muscle Car, you wouldnt put it in harms way in todays traffic. Not to mention getting keyed or something. :eek:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
I had a '70 Mach1 that I purchased used in 1973. It was a loaded, 428CJ drag-pack car, and I loved it! I kicked myself in the butt for close to 30 years for ever getting rid of that car! Compared to my 03 Mach 1, it's no contest, the new ones have it all over the older ones! If I could though, I would want one of each. I would just take the old one out on beautiful summer days!

Users who are viewing this thread