Would you trade a 2011 Mustang GT Premium for a 2001 Doege Viper RT/10

allicedout

Established Member
Been back and forth at the Dodge dealer looking at a 2001 Dodge Viper RT/10. Car is in excellent condition, 76,000km (Canadian car) asking $34,995 Canadian. Now I was hoping to trade in and pay a premium of $6000-7000, but it seems its more like $10,000. My Mustang is a 2011 GT, premium leather, shaker 1000, Borla cat back, lowered etc etc. Just basic bolt ons and has 48,000km. What do you guys think of the trade between the two cars and the money that has to be paid on top??

Thanks

q6543

Established Member
Not a chance! Specially for an old turd one.

a guy down the street has a 99 and I just have to bite my lip and be polite.
it's like maybe a 13 sec car at best.
If your sold on the novelty and are 5 foot 6 or shorter I guess.

evil281

Established Member
I would not either.

My family friend had one for awhile and he hated it. He said it was a piece of junk. He currenly has the new vette now.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Please don't tell me you are actually debating on DD'ing a first gen viper rofl

allicedout

Established Member
Please don't tell me you are actually debating on DD'ing a first gen viper rofl

I have a DD..... Appreciate all the info, don't know too much about Vipers, not concerned with going fast as I've been there done that. Looking for something a little more rare, something I don't feel bad about storing in the winter. With the coyote it kills me that storing it and driving it a hand full of times in the summer will never do anything to hold the value of the car. Seen a few over priced Cobras but nothing that's caught my eye. The only other car I'd appreciate is a Boss....... Unfortunately out of my price range. I have short attention span for cars..... Any suggestions?

vortecd

Established Member
Not a chance! Specially for an old turd one.

a guy down the street has a 99 and I just have to bite my lip and be polite.
it's like maybe a 13 sec car at best.
If your sold on the novelty and are 5 foot 6 or shorter I guess.

13's at best, really? My friend bought a '97 10 years ago and with only muffler deletes car run 11.7. The mags had them at low 12's

vortecd

Established Member
35k seems high. I was looking for a GTS 10 years ago and finding plenty under 40k then. The RT/10's are worth less

vortecd

Established Member
According to ebay the us and canadian dollar were about the same not long ago. I see it is 1-1.33 now

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
if its in good shape with no rust, mint paint and interior and if you fit good enough to not brake your neck, I would do it... even the first gen vipers have a lot of potential.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
I wouldnt trade it for the latest viper!!!

20jk3ea.png

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Looking for something that is kind of rare and will turn some heads, and isn't outrageously expensive? Considering you even said yourself that you have car ADD, for your wallets sake I would consider looking at rare cars that hold their value a little better, IE NSX

allicedout

Established Member
Looking for something that is kind of rare and will turn some heads, and isn't outrageously expensive? Considering you even said yourself that you have car ADD, for your wallets sake I would consider looking at rare cars that hold their value a little better, IE NSX

Appreciate the valued reply!! You don't think the Viper would hold its value? NSX is a great car but played the JDM game for a long time, and personally not all that interested in one not to mention NSX's are extremely rare in Ontario. I truly appreciate your reference to my wallet....... I think your right, I might be better off rethinking this. Thanks!

2012csgt

Established Member
I used to DD a 2005 Srt10 viper with a paxton that put down 789rwhp and loved it. Well DD that and a hummer H2. I currently DD a 9 sec 2012 Vortech mustang and also a 2014 SRT viper. The 2014 SRT viper is head and shoulders above any other viper I had. Unbelievable how much technology is in the new viper. I absolutely love it. More than my 2012 mustang. But if I had to DD a 2001 viper, I wouldn't do it. It would be tough, unless your 20-22 years old.
IMG_5840_zpsjpx4nnwp.jpg

IMG_5652_zpsft8prlrf.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread