Would you trade your yote in for a Focus RS?

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Well guys, lately I've been contemplating parting my car out and returning it to stock since everyone wants to low ball me and give me way less than NADA for my car.

I had planned on keeping it a long time, so I have done nothing but quality parts on it such as:
Kooks longtubes,
3 in x pipe into borla ataks,
BMR tubular K member/radiator support,
BMR rear lowers, and UPR adjustable upper with mount
Welded axle tubes with factory 3:73
JPC clutch line with DOT 4 fluid,
Aluminum DS,
AED corn tune
Boss mani,
along with a few cosmetic items such as forgestars etc..

Well lately as I was driving my daily turd i really began thinking that I should have made my daily the nice car, and my toy car something cheaper like a fox body or something. The RS would be awesome being that I am back in Kansas and it would be an awesome winter vehicle along with Auto X car. Plus, I could more easily fit my 100+LB american bulldog in the hatch, vs stuffing him in the back of the mustang.

Do you guys see any sense in parting with my car and losing my ass off? Also, its not something I plan to do immediately as I'd never purchase a first year production vehicle.

kdaly

Established Member
If you dont care about the money aspect go for it. You will be throwing a lot of money away with your parts list and starting over buying a new car a full price and dealer markup. Then modding that if you choose too. I hear ya tho, as you make valid reasoning. Just something to think about.

I wouldnt be concerned with first year prod vehicle. Its a very similar to the stang EB motor that is proven already, and the focus current model has been around for a while. Sick car too. Hell the new EB's have made 600whp+. I want one bad but not gonna do it. Car is paid for and I wont get shit if I sell it.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
If mine was paid for, I wouldnt even consider selling it. I should just be patient and start doubling my payments on this

kdaly

Established Member
Yeah, more money in your pocket will probably make you happier/less stressed. Plus, you could put a power adder on your car for half the cost of what this transaction will really end up costing you in the long run.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
HELL NO!!!!!

Get the mustang paid off, then buy a used Focus. Daily drivers get full of stone chips & rack up miles!

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Its your money, you can justify it any way you want. I prefer to keep my daily driver as a "beater" because if it ever gets wrecked or rusts away, I don't care. Plus, I dont usually pay over $3k for a daily driver. I dont think that the AWD in this Focus RS is gonna be what you are thinking it will be for winter driving.
I priced one out and there is no way I am putting miles on a $40k car. I just dont see the reasoning with depreciation. Absolutely the worst thing you can do with your money if you have $40k lying around and even worse if you have to make payments.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nope just bought a 15 st to compliment my 2012 gt as a daily driver...got a set of coil overs going in it this week...love the current st fun to drive factor for sure...350 hp focus is awesome but how well can it do against my 700 crank hp stang!!!!

Dave07

Established Member
What are they offering you for your car? I got an offer for 21.5k. But back in August I got offered 24.5k. I think the prices will bounce back up in spring when muscle cars are in demand.

GT915

Established Member
If I were you, I'd sell the car just as it is. Pulling all of those parts back off and trying to sell and ship them would prove to be a huge pain in the ass. You said you weren't in a hurry, so I'd put the car on auto trader with some good pics and wait for the right buyer. Unless you price it ridiculously high, someone will probably come a long with an offer you can live with. I know you didn't ask but....I wouldn't get rid of my stang for a focus. Good luck.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I get over 12 mpg with a Paxton on e85. On 93 averaged 18-20 mph with 50/50 driving and a few wot pulls per tank.

I imagine that if i didn't have 4:10s my mileage would be better but i like em. anyway i didnt build my mustang for dd...i've always had a second car with my list of muscle cars!

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Why not daily the stang? I daily mine, even have 2 car seats in the back.

I did daily it for 8 months and racked up 20k miles. It was hard to justify tearing up the car. Also it was a big pain in the ass to mod my only vehicle and have those oh crap I need to get this done before work! Not to mention the possibility of breaking it a track event.

clc44

Established Member
I couldn't' go from my yote to a focus regardless of what model it is. DD the mustang and buy a high mileage 5 yr old focus to dd.

Rodinator

Established Member
I had a Focus ST, not really a apples to apples comparison, but there is not a thought or consideration for me. The Mustang is a better car for me. More room, better on the highway cruising everything is better.

Users who are viewing this thread