Wouldnt it be smart if...

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Ford offered a drag pack option? With numerous deletes and a solid...4.10 rear? Maybe some diff wheels too? :shrug:

SORRY if this is a repost.

Joes66Pony

Dump the SRA
Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
Ford offered a drag pack option? With numerous deletes and a solid...4.10 rear? Maybe some diff wheels too? :shrug:

SORRY if this is a repost.

Don't you drag guys have enough from Ford. How about something for us road racers.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Yea it would be great if they had a Drag pack and a Road Race pack (IRS). Then everyone (well almost everyone) would be happy. But it aint gonna happen.

Torque

Banned
sorry, drag racing is where it's at. long live the solid rear axle!!!! But I think if this car had 4.10 gearing, the already tiny tires would just go up in smoke at ANY throttle increase.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Joes66Pony said:
Don't you drag guys have enough from Ford. How about something for us road racers.

I actually am more of a road race guy, but it sure would help out sales alot since thats where most cobras are destined.

earl lee

Established Member
Joes66Pony said:

They do have something for you. According to Ford its find another car company. :shrug:

Established Member
Excellent idea, but in this day and age, I don't think Ford has the guts to produce something like the old drag pac. For that matter, I suspect if they factored out the cost of a warranty, discounted SVTs by as much and sold them with the old disclaimers they used to put in their old R code factory racers ( built for racing, no warranty), there'd be plenty of takers.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Ford would have to be stupid to sell a drag pack car with any kind of warranty, I don't think most people would like that very much.

Established Member
Guess warranties separate the men from the boys. It worked in the 60s... if you wanted to buy a race car, you bought an R code product with no warranty OR you opted for something in between (hence the drag pac cars that WERE warrantied) if you weren't lucky enough to get an R code.

mustang_00

Established Member
you can't compare the 60's to this day in age... the only reason they offered that was because in those days drag racing was still a "young/popular" growing sport. gas was cheaper!! i don't think they had to worry about paying a gas guzzlers tax either. there is a lot of factors invovled. The pony car wars are over, i think it would be awesome if they did it again but with dodge already f'ing up with the charger and pontiac with the gto it would be over before it started.. i brought up those to mainly for looks. It seems like ford with the "sn-197" body style didn't half ass it with the retro phase. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to install your own dragpack anyways and still have the warranty just incase. IMHO i'd take more pride in a drag car i built myself than buying one from the factory. If that was the case and you could buy the new cobra like that from the factory could you honestly tell people you poured your heart and soul into it?

Users who are viewing this thread