Wow! Fuel light never came on...P0190!!

SilvrBullet

03 Cobra
Established Member
Hey guys just an FYI...one of my friends has an 03 Cobra and it died on the way to work. He had cruise control on doing 70mph. He was getting error codes P0190 and p0193. He changed the FRPS and still didn't start. Anyway out of desperation he decided to add some gas even though it showed an 1/8 of a tank and when it died the fuel light wasn't even on, sure enough it fired right up. So just be aware about getting into boost with less than a 1/4 tank!!! Looks like these cars can suck the fuel basket dry and show no signs of needing gas! :eek:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
+65,000.

Ever. Hard on the pumps.

you got that right!

they depend on the fuel mass to keep cool and even with our baffled tank, there's a chance of gulping air

04CobraMatt

Established Member
huh, i get 50$ cas coupon's where i work, problem is they cant be re-used.. so if i only spend 40$ i loose the rest..

Meaning i run mine dry all the time, but im carefull not to push it when it gets low...

SilvrBullet

03 Cobra
Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
huh, i get 50$ cas coupon's where i work, problem is they cant be re-used.. so if i only spend 40$ i loose the rest..

Meaning i run mine dry all the time, but im carefull not to push it when it gets low...

I usually get gas at a 1/4 tank but have got low enough for light to come on a couple times. This scared me cause I would get in boost until light and I felt fine with that. Not anymore!

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
True dat! I only give it WOT with 1/2 tank or more. With gas prices these days, its just not worth it. Once that light comes on, I get nervous!!!

Cobra suck gas? Who woulda thunk it.??!??!?

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I try to keep 1/2 tank or more in her, never less than 1/4

+65,001

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The things you learn. A few years ago I burned up a 190 fuel pump in my '93 and couldn't figure out why. My friend asked me if I ran it low all the time and proceded to tell me that the fuel keeps the pump cool.

On my '03 I always top the tank off. I usually let it run right up until around the point that the light comes on. My car is driven pretty easy most of the time but I'll start getting gas at 1/4 tank from now on just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread